Ch.64 - Just Do It. It's Fine

Future Kenna remember the pain that was writing this chapter made of so many scraps and pieces of left over dialogue and last little points and learnings and convos and uugghhhh rewritten eight too many times. I think it's literally taken a couple of weeks. Okay maybe a week. Definitely a week. More than. Jeez.

Finished July 23
__________________________________________________

Intimacy.

Alluring gazes struck like lightening bolts to deserted beaches. Sand soaring, pebbles and shells igniting like fireworks a fuse, sky dancing in strobed streaks of white light. Flashing and absorbing all the dark space surrounding it. Exposing the world, this minute, second, just enough to get the full picture. To electrify the dead, to parade the dark. A crackling aura sparkling the once desolate air. Firing down onto earth with a second tirade of booming delight in silence, soon followed by the arousing rumble of the clouds above exclaiming their majestic power.

A deliberately sensual touch grazing a crinkled cloth, fabric catching under feminine nails as they untangle the limbs from the constricting and restrictive texture. Unbuttoning and freeing smooth and soft skin, rivets where muscle has formed.

Powerful not overpowering. Feather light caresses not brick heavy battles. Suggestive not submissive, and dreamy not dominant. A velvet voice whispering hushed affections down her bare skin, not a gruff tone abrasively warning of repercussions.

With protective warmth, of safe sweeping touches, and affection so genuine, so pure and firm, the past still taunts her present. Reassures her fears, strengthens her anxieties, all in the natural nature that is post-trauma. The glinting of the dimmed light overhead much like she imagines the moon had been towering over the shoulder of her attacker. How that crippling fright starts to seep back in, that distrust in the activity itself rather than the person.

"Charlotte, Babe." There's a palm pressed to her cheek, anchoring her out of a memory induced daze. Brown-green flecked eyes, more dark honey than soft moss, stares with creased brows, oval eyes flickering with concern between her spaced out blue orbs. "You're shivering."

Her hearts racing too, sweat slicking her palms that hook around to grip the back of shiny shoulder blades. Thick and slopping to the centre of his back, all smooth and sculpted. The colour of dark moist soil soft haired strands falling onto toned skin. Those eyes, so deep, so concerned as he looks at her.

"I'm--" Finding her throat dry and constricting. Tense like her rigid body beneath the man in her arms encased around her. Understanding where this is heading, where she's leading it, the sudden disparaging thoughts embrace her and collect all her confidence into a throw away anchor, her body left dragging after it whilst simultaneously drowning. Damn it Brandon.

"Okay. You're not, we're not going to do this." Removing himself from trapping her to the couch, although she doesn't let up. "I should've clued in, see you're not feeling it, I misread. Shit, I'm sorr--"

"Don't apologize!" She jerks, a grasp back around him, desperation and annoyance in her tone.

He immediately reacts to that, halting with parted lips and confusion written into his features. His palms flat on either side of her.

God. Okay. Clenching her lids closed, embarrassment reddening the tips of her ears, letting them both know that that's not what she intended. At all. She's just, it's not him, it's.... "That wasn't, that came out the wrong way. Wrong words." She huffs, slumping further into the cushions beneath her, body loosening forcibly.

Robert seems to do the same, remaining entangled with her, a bit confused but nevertheless strokes an affectionate line down her face, light and considerate. "Talk to me."