Ch.19 - Something Warm

RDJ joined Insta aaaahh hes so adorable! love his lil selfies and promotional thingys. And oh ,y gosh those dorks on Jimmy Kimmel, seriously, they are way too cute. And fuelled with Tequila, except RDJ of course. So cute!

Any who's, Ooh here's a treat for you guys. A very very long one full of connection because you're all amazing and deserve something yummy to feast your eyes on. Edited the crap out of this to make it fuller and better and gosh I hope you guys like it. Hope it gives a bit of roundness to their ark and spark ;)

Enjoy!

________________________________________________

"Hey!" Robert snaps, "What's going on?" Eyes immediately reading her face with a rumbling fire built into his squaring stance.

Charlottes jittering with shivering shrills as finally Don backs off, maybe purposefully doing so, maybe unconsciously. Her Uncle looking both pissed off and disgruntled at the new person standing ready to leap from the doorway. "Can we have some privacy please?" His words dipped in poison with just how much disgust he has for the taller, handsomer man.

Robert doesn't even hear those words, looking only at her checking every inch of her over within a single beat of her rapid heart rate, those big brown eyes, mixed deep with many emotions. "Has he hurt you?"

"What?" Her uncle scoffs, pointing an accusing finger at Robert, as if this is his fault. "You're crazy. Look what you're doing to her."

Swallowing down her breathes, chest rapidly moving up and down with wide eyes, shaking her head with a curt disaffirmation. "N-no." Roberts shoulders immediately slouch, fists untangling, still keeping his assertive stance though still unsure if he should believe her or not.

"Of course I didn't." Don sneers taking a step forward as if he was going to have to defend that statement.

"Sir." Robert just put up an open palm, stopping him, and gesturing him to the move. "Give her some space, please."

Her ears burn blood red because she knew that that isn't going to land well with her already defensive uncle.

He laughs something cruel and guttural at the back of his throat. "She's my niece you--" taking another step.

"She's my student." Robert matches, tries keeping his cool, open palms as his eyes drift to meet Charlottes gaging how she's doing and that alone makes her whimper with gratitude. Taking a breath, "Now, please."

The bald man snorts dismissively, swinging to look at her, "Are you going to just let him treat me this way? You know how much I--"

She closes her eyes, "Please." trying to focus on her breathing, calming down, stopping the flashes of stupid images. "U-uncle. G-go."

A tension filled moment passes, feeling like years but quick as seconds. She could almost hear the nascent ticking in her uncles shiny sweaty head, rolling over her words with something probably close to disbelief. The first time she has bitten at him with a clear meaning of leave me alone, rather than just ignoring him and chasing after her parents to complain about his creeper stature.

Not that they listen.

Clutching deeper at both the box she had squarely landed on when it was just all too much, too much, too much, and the book that probably looks pathetic in her iron grip. Then, she couldn't see what Don did but she heard him blow out a steam of air, probably in some form of anger, and stomping his way away from her, the skittering of feet as what she assumed to be a shoulder checking into Mr.Downey before he was out, grumbling under his breath.