Ch.59 - Gone, Gone, Gone

So sorry for the mix up of updates guys. I promise I'll be back to being me soon. Urg. Just a little overrun at the moment haha. And hey I haven't written for a while so until I do 'double updates' may become a little less frequent. Sorry bout that. Just been super preoccupied lately. that AOU blooper reel helped a bit though.

Any who's. enjoy the read!

__________________________________________________

Romance isn't perfect. Its not. Only people who haven't fallen deeply and madly, to the point of infuriatingly in love because there's nothing that that certain imperfectly perfect idiot can't do to steal your heart. Its paint chipped personalities and hazy peach smudged sunsets. It's hiding in old stale smelling art boutiques while rain pelts a dancing rhythm against window panes. Fresh printed paper skimming between your index and thumb with a cloth sheet under your aching back and the sun acting as your light bulb. Its the flickering's of heat and unrelenting passion that adds rather than takes. Healing scorch marks by those who didn't care, on your loved ones reddening skin, and sometimes it takes being their lighthouse in the storm they're fighting to see them heal. About loving them endlessly and insufferably. Boxing against the odds as a team, taking hits and punches as one rather than two.

All Charlotte can think about are those plush lips, glinting a shiny reflection of the full moon. The hot heated breaths pushing out of parted lips, baited yet steady--and she feels bad because she can see how distraught Robert is. How pained he is by the events that occurred earlier in his evening, but she can't help it. She can't help that she wants to make him feel better, that taking those lips with hers would feel like a wound being stitched closed. The tentative swiping brushes of her touch down his shoulder, the length of his arm to where he holds her right hand and all the lean muscle she combs over softly. Then back up over soft cotton, up along tired muscles, the back of his neck and just twirling a reassuring pattern to the bare nape.

The radios static rumblings barely a thing to their consciousness as she watches his eyes peer out in concentration. His thumb swiping over the tops of her knuckles as his other loosely holds the bottom of the leather steering wheel. Open windows refreshing her sharp features. Blowing an easy wave along silky strands. Bits of hair twirling with the gusts.

The same way Robert's seems to move, fluffy and at a gentle battle against the barely billowing breeze. Lines under his eyes where stress has worn him thin, brows still a bit too tense but relaxing within the moments she sits quietly at his side. Not prying or baiting, just waiting. Letting him decide the aura and shifting it to his needs.

It's only a few short minutes till tires glide from cracked pavement to dry gravel with a gruff crackling as they simmer to a stop.

The air bristles around the car but not within. The trees lining parallel to her passengers door. The thick daunting forrest that she turns away from to ignore its depth. Facing Robert and the heritage houses full of sleeping people behind him.

The lights go out with a clicking sound and Robert's grip slips from the steering wheel, head lolling into the neck rest as he sighs. She still strokes his arm, an artists wondering how she could ever describe the curves she feels. The warmth that seeps into the prints of her palm, how she can give a reassuring squeeze to the inside of his arm and feel a wash of emotion as his attention slips to her. Graceful in his movements, the fixture in that gaze, storing and potent.

Everything about him is dimmed with the darkness. She knows he fights a beast like she does, battling bad days with the good, but this is a day she hasn't seen. It could be confused with that of a bad day but it's not. This emotion doesn't belong there. That's a different time because this emotion, this aura and rawness, is hurt and surrender. Given up and lost. A soft mix of I'm in pain beyond the brown iris' of those expressive eyes.