Ch.56 - Useless Words

***Super important question at the end of this chap that I really need your feedback on.***

_________________________________________________

Words can be so useless. Serve no purpose and bring no light. It's frustrating, because it's all just getting caught up in her strung tight vocal cords, preventing anything coherent from passing through. All strangled sounds and wandering eyes. Saying something, trying to vocalize the chemicals burning in her blood, bumping in her heart, well. It just isn't doing justice. It can't. Not when you narrow down all your options to three little, tiny, significant words.

I, and, love, and you.

Because that's how much she cares for him. It's not an easy thing to express when you can't say those three very passionate words. Not this early and not this naively. And certainly not whilst having this conversation.

What she wants, instead of blubbering out vowels and verbs, is to touch him. Stroke a lazy curve down the length of his chest. To admire him, and softly press into a moulded embrace. Kiss those kissable lips, moist with desire, instead of watching him with that ever so slight frown wrestling with his thoughts. She wants to pull at his hands, release them from their too tight grip around the steering wheel, bring knuckles to her lips and straddle his lap. Be his safety, his seatbelt protecting him from on coming troubles.

Instead she sits with oval eyes, tilted brows and trying to spout out words that are silently asking how long will you let me love you.

Thinking about this conversation, they've sorta talked about it, but not as thoroughly as they should. As they need to.

And it was brought back to attention thanks to the breakfast they had shared, strolling along a paved wall by the ocean. Crisp scent of salt and sea life as they wondered. Charlotte had worried that the friends sober would see her different. Or hell, just see right thru her.

And they sort of did. In a way, they saw thru both of them; the lingering by each others sides, the overly subtle way their gazes would trail zig zags down the others form. Passion like liquor on fire, trying to trample it out with reluctant force. In reality though, it's more like they forgot to cover the smoke trailing up skywards.

She had given Robert some space, watching as the brothers strode ahead. Picking off each others muffins, and lazily sipping back (more) coffee. Sun blazing down, the cool push of a breeze against Charlottes hot skin. Pebbled with sweat beads, aching to twist her hair into a knot but that would expose some very present love marks pressed into sensitive skin.

Coverup can only do so much.

Recalling her waking to him once more this morning. The tingling kisses that glided from the collar of Robert's shirt she wore, nipping up under her jaw, cascading across her lips.

Never had she woken with such each. Such peace. Rolling in the silky sheets, welcoming him within her embrace and to feel his loving caress. They'd kissed passionately and would have gone endlessly if it weren't for the sudden ring of the hotels phone. Front desk summoning them down as four eager Canadians awaited in the reception.

Heated moments where they couldn't control their coital touch, pressed into walls, chest to her back, and snaking arms around her waist. All moments seasoned to perfect their getaway. Bounding down to the lobby, reluctantly spacing, and rejoicing in the wake of Robert's chosen family's grinning features.

Somehow, at the waters edge, adorned with passing tourists, do they admire the mountain scape that is British Columbia. Brisk brushing breezes fresh off the salty ocean with a paved path lining it's curving beaches.