Ch.12 - Not A Simple Friday

So RDJ's 50th birthdays coming up pretty damn fast, like what, a few more weeks? Crazy how fine that man has aged. Getting ready to start filming for Civil War next month plus promote Age Of Ultron? Bonkers, man. I made like way too many memes for that meme contest thingy he's doing on twitter. All fun and games though.

Any who's, enjoy!

________________________________________________

It was finally Friday. Her first week of classes almost done, and completed. Wow. You sure could pack a lot into five days. What's done is done, though, and nothing can change that, or at least that was the little mantra bouncing around in her head, telling her to just get over her embarrassment that occurred on Monday. She was starting to enjoy it here, finding it as an escape. Focusing on the given tasks at hand. Although she did keep her heals dragging in every other aspect of life here, of course, she still misses home. But the feeling is fading, just starting to, and that scared her. Not that she was suddenly okay with living here, because she still refuses to touch the boxes in the room, but school was her new distraction. She was enjoying it. Getting used to the routine and such. The longing for home dissipating into nothing but helpless ache.

Instead of reading at the Seattle house everyday, she read here. Surrounded by (almost) like minded people. They want to read, or at least beginning to. But for sure they all want to write, shoving their unbroken words at each other, discussing ideas and writing tactics. Lets be real though. None of them would be as enthused by a class if they were stuck in Mr.Peterson's class, as talked about the jail time it apparently is.

As a group, they had all lucked out with their creative prof.

Mr.Downey really was a good teacher. Great even. He had been right when he'd said most students enjoyed his class because she hasn't heard one person complain about him yet.

The girls love him, or at least from what she can see. All following him around like little ducklings, praying for him to give them some notice.

The guys, or at least the group of them that sit close to her, thought he was cool. They understood that the women of the class went mad for him, and there for the meat heads use that to their advantage.

Didn't mean that everyone wasn't totally exhausted though, because they really were. Briefly recalling to her own day before, oh what a joy it had been. The headache, the burn that all the lights caused her eyes. Wincing at the loud noises with another hat pulled down tight on her head.

But Mr.Downey had elevated some of that stress. She clung onto each of his educational words, flowing over her, and testing her wits.

They had a pop quiz yesterday after reading, and then handed the papers off to partners and marked them.

She kept her own paper of course, but she was diligent with marking it, honestly earning her one hundred percent.

The main jockey guy beside her, the blonde haired, brown eyed one who had tried to make a pass on her, was adamant on getting his yes.

She had to relocate her spot to a few rows down but was still being pestered with their comments. Kept trying to show her lame dance moves for some form of approval. She was getting used to them though, understanding they weren't a real threat of any kind. They were just boys...claiming to be men.

Simple as that.

Staring at Mr.Downey with oval eyes she watches on, happily humming and scribbling down his notes of the day. He's still not found her place amongst the crowd--not that he's looking for her. He's probably forgotten about her by now, or just moved on. Focused on other needy students.