Ch.52 - Friends Of His

Next update will be Monday!
__________________________________________________

Fidgeting at the hotels marble white desk by Roberts side and still no one is staring. Barely noticed and not an uneven blink when it's just the one room they get. Another thing makes her hut twist anxiously. The fact that they're being so... domestic. How easy it is, and new, and making her more sorta excitedly nervous than she's willing to admit to.

How her fingers curl around his hand without stutter, keeping him close and knowing that it's okay. For once, there are no lurking gazes, no walls to keep them boxed in and restricted. It's so strange to be able to do this, to lean into his side and not really be worried about who's watching. The age difference not all that noticeable to the strangers around them.

As it's been said, she does look older than she is (as memory informs her of Robert spitting out his drink that she's just nineteen), and he looks to be somewhere around late twenties, like twenty-nine, or early thirties.

It's such a gift. Being together. To confide in his comforting embrace without hindrance. Something she's certainly not going to be taking for granted. Something she knows she will be aching for when they have to go back. For this freedom.

Roberts just brought along a backpack as well. Except his is a conspicuous jet black and not bright inconspicuous blue. Anyways, that's the tiniest thing on her mind, more of an observation if anything.

They had agreed to leave Seattle in the middle of the day so they could have extended time with Molly and Ava, so now as they arrive, the sun is just dipped behind the high rising mountains. They had been stuck at the border for more than an hour, then proceeded to hit traffic which explains their rather late arrival.

A beautiful city full of culture and life. As they passed the country borders, presenting their passports, they drove through thick fields of farm land and small community livings. Quaint and sunny. Not at all what she assumed Canada to be. Well paved and lots of cars. Tons. The traffic greatly increasing the closer they got to Vancouver and further from where they had just crossed. Furthering away from natures living, producing fields of berries, and streams, closer to a thriving civilization granted with tall sleek buildings, thick busy highways interweaving in ever which direction, and a mixture of modern and historic architecture welcoming them.

She was beyond smiling, glowing as she listened in on Robert's adrenaline buzzing, telling her memories as they passed them. His anxiousness to just be consumed in the heart of the town growing more apparent as they neared.

When the city scape came into view, brightly lit by many lights and people, it took her breath away. Honestly. So different to both Miami and Seattle. A lot of culture here, although both her other cities had the same, it's just, it's different.

And bicycles, so many bicycles. Bike lanes, bike lights, bikers. Everywhere as they got into the thick of the city. Passing over bridges, looking to far blue skies and massive snow tipped mountains. Tall trees, everything a lush green, and weaving. Managing into the core of Vancouver does she see the life of it. People walking everywhere, passing districts where its plenty of suits and professional pencil skirts, to hipster central accompanied by the apparently legal flowing aroma of marijuana, and the shopping strip of tourists. Sleek modern cut buildings, going through Olympic village where housed the Olympians of the 2010 winter games. A massive arena dedicated to top talents of whatever artist was in town for the night, and a hop and skip away from another arena with large posters featuring their beloved hockey team.

Robert pointing out facts and tips, and childhood antics as they drove past construction sites and a quiet backstreet with lots of vans and big semi trucks and trailers and big white tents where Robert guessed they were filming some of the many television shows that shoot here.