Ch.4 - Seattle Mercy-Grace University

15 comments = new chapter!

Enjoy!

__________________________________

The truck slowed to a stop and Charlotte couldn't help the feeling of utter awe. The large walkway leading to a massive set of stairs and three sets of large double doors. The bulk lettering of 'Seattle Mercy-Grace University'. The two story mansion of a building, an absolute architects wet dream. The large beams and soft colors of this ginormous two story layout was a government fund from hell for sure. That or student debt had raised these walls but Charlotte couldn't spare a though at the moment.

She hadn't noticed the trudging of her feet on puddled pavement until an umbrella was hoisted over her line of vision. Quick to find her mothers smiling face peering at her as Charlotte took the offered umbrella with a little awed thank you.

"Knew you'd like it." Her mother chirped, gesturing her daughter along. "Just wait till you see the inside."

Although she mentally felt more like a kite thrown around in a storm, she's manages to shuffle along like a skater on ice. Arms tightly hugging her torso. Nails digging into knitted sweater where her fists balled up out of anxiousness. But she can do this. She can. She keeps to her Moms side. Not ambushing in on personal space, but within the mental safety bubble that parents provide.

Beyond the rich exterior, the inside was just as gorgeous. If not more so. Crisp white marble floors stretched out with burgundy mahogany walls. High reach ceilings with a large stair case going to the upper levels of the building.

As explained to her, the few students keeping on their paths, making their way to their own directions and such, were doing extra curricular work. Majority of the classes had ended for the day, leaving students wandering the halls to study on their given half day, still easing back into the routine of school after they had just finished their first week of first semester and were given a long weekend.

She nods along with her Moms precise words, diction on point as she motions them along. A serving Charlotte as she peaks around with growing curiosity. The dark things inside her head are at a mute for this moment, to clouded by clustering fascination as to such a large well funded school surrounds her each unsteady step.

People--students of her age, are staring at her, probably smirking at her subtle awe, but there's that small thing whispering that makes her double check her surroundings, avoiding passing gazes.

Gaze forward, but leaning in close as if it were a secret. "I can't gage if you're loving it, or hating it." Her mothers voice pierces through her thoughts, questioning as they round another corner.

"It's... big." Great word choices. Her true intellect shining through with the pristine comments.

"Oh, before I forget," Her Mom hops with the thought. Black hair swirling from side to side as she takes focus on Charlotte. "I have a quick meeting, but it'll be over quick." She assures. "Then we can keep exploring the grounds."

Wait. Something icy cutting down along her vocal cords, constricting the muscles from shoulders to neck. "I'll be alone?"

A quick glance to Charlotte, as if she'd said something unlike herself (which is a look she's getting used to seeing). "Just for a few minutes. You could stay in my new fancy office if you'd like--oh darn it. School policies. I have to lock it up. No one be in there unless I am."

Charlotte nods, trying for a smile in reply instead of the sinking in her gut, but it'll be fine. A few minutes alone? She can handle that. Charlottes just being dramatic thinking stuff will happen when it's so against odds that it really will.