Ch.63 - A Diverted Gaze

Okay so I thought e 5th was Friday but turns out todays the fourth soooo MY SISTER IS COMING HOME TOMORROW. TOMORROW. NEXT DAY. MY SISTER. MY BELOVED. AAAHHHH. @PaulMcCharmly !!! I CANNOT THINK STRAIGHT. IM SO BLEEPING HAPPY.

Also this is the start to a very long, filled with emotions, adventure. You'll get what I mean soon enough, all is good :) And you guys are so kind. Your comments are just, you're all just so sweet. Seriously. So so so sweet. You guys make my days :)

Enjoy!
________________________________________________

Florescent pink--like a neon colour of the radio active spectrum, sways idly against his oak desk. Primly manicured nails thrum a slow rhythm over folded novels, cat eared and decorated in organized piles along the edge of the wooden top. Threatening to flip over one by one onto the dusty classroom ground as stick hips bump into the furniture again. Heals shifting on the floor, scraping and shifting in the empty space that seems to echo actions but not words. Muted sentences that mumble incoherently towards the heavy double set doors.

A flowing laugh that's far too calculated and the furthest thing from genuine. It only plagued Charlottes creased brows further, the hard set of her mouth as she herself leans faux casually, trying to be nonchalant in the stretched out halls long abandoned by the traveling thuds of students.

Her ears too sharp for her own good, too wary and anxious to not perk up with interest when sounds travel from the 130B black doors. The way she can paint a perfect picture of what occurs just out of sight, filling in what she had briefly saw when she had meant to stride into the class like she does at the end of everyday.

Not today though. Today she was met with light brown waves dipped blonde twirling in silky strands along long feminine fingers. Only having seen the back of said women for a moment and immediately backtracked from stumbling through the door, she has been fiddling with the straps of her blue backpack since then. Mulling over small details that she knows mean nothing. Probably.

Like the fact that Robert hadn't looked once at her today. Not during break, nor during his lessons. He had actually looked everywhere but the one-fourth section she sat in. Avoiding her gaze by miles including those who sat around her. She wouldn't deny the fact that it stung a bit. That she had hurriedly come to school this morning because she missed him--because they had said I Love You's few nights ago and had shared a passionate moment or two together where one was vulnerable and one was concerned.

That they had left on good terms as Robert had dropped her off soon after they were yelled at by the burly voice of a begrudged lady. Had savoured Robert's lips with her own, twisted with him and held him close. Telling him it would be alright. That they'd figure it out. Promised him that she loved him and she wasn't going anywhere.

But now he ignored her--or she's pretty sure.... No. He did. He really did not want anything to do with her. He didn't even pace the floors in front of her. Had actively pursued the negative space that distanced them.

And now there's a students voice bellowing laughter from his room, alone, after school.

Had she done something? Provoked him in some way or said something she shouldn't have?

She can't remember. Running detail for detail, she can't remember a damn thing to have made him not want to look at her.

She had sent him a text when she got back home to Molly that night. Wishing him a safe drive home as she tucked herself in her bed, set her alarm and drifted to sleep with buzzing thoughts of the nights events. The events that still affected her a full day later, after her parents fighting, tacos and the storm. She still thought of Ava. Lacey. The cancer. Overdosing. Meds. Surgeries. Pain, pain, pain. The I love you that sent sparks through her core. And messing up her three words back to him that have been printed in her mind, and the want to decorate him with affection. Proceeding to making out, soliciting his hot mouth into action, sucking on his lips and coming so close to having him huffing against her salty skin.