Britney/Brittany

BRITNEY/BRITTANY
•••••

"All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr

"All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr. Schue asked during the first Glee meeting of the week.

"He discovered America." Brittany commented.

"Close." Mr. Schue said, as he picked up some sheet music, before distributing the sheets to his students. "He did write an iconic chart topper: "Sailing.""

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt let out a sigh.

"Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him." Tina muttered in uttered agreement.

"Now some people think of the term "Easy Listening" as a bad thing. But I'm going to let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones... and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you." Mr. Schue said, as he gave Lexi her sheet of music, causing her to frown slightly. She noticed that not even Rachel was a tad bit interested.

"How could you get caught between the moon and New York City?" Finn asked, confused, as he scanned the song that their teacher had chosen. "They're like a hundred miles apart."

"Mr. Shue? If I may." Kurt asked, raising his hand. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens,
this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to." He paused, before continuing. "However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members. The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performs a number by... - Wait for it - Ms. Britney Spears."

"Yo, Spears is fierce, yo." Artie agreed.

"Sorry, Kurt. Sorry." Mr. Schue said, as everyone turned their attention to him. "No, no, no. I don't think she's a very good role model."

"But, Mr. Shue, we kind of grew with her." Rachel pointed out.

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer." Tina added.

"I don't want to do Britney." Brittany shook her head.

"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Kurt asked with a frown.

"Because my name is also Brittany Spears." Brittany answered.

"What?!" Lexi asked, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes asked rhetorically.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce. That makes me Brittany S. Pierce. "Brittany Spierce."" Brittany explained. "I've lived my entire life in Britney Spear's shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."