Swan Song

4x9 ~ SWAN SONG ~
•••••••

4x9 ~ SWAN SONG ~ •••••••

"Give her some room." Blaine called, as Jake and Sam rushed Marley into the choir room.

"She needs space!" Unique exclaimed. "Breathe, girl, breathe!" She encouraged, although she, along with a fair amount of the group, were worried.

"Does anything have anything she can eat?" Lexi asked, as she frantically searched through her rucksack, only to find that her and Sam had eaten their food already.

"I have some leftover Halloween candy in my locker." Tina offered.

"I may have a juice box." Blaine added, as he walked to his locker to retrieve it.

"I'll go get Marley's mom." Joe spoke up, as Sam and Jake sat Marley on one of the chairs in the front row.

"This is bad." Artie sighed. "Never in the history of show choir competition has anyone ever fainted."

"We got the juice. We got the juice." Sam said, as Blaine threw the juice box at him. He was quick to offer it to Marley who weakly refused.

"No. I'm okay." She shook her head.

"Drink the damn juice!" Kitty yelled from across the room, causing Santana and Lexi to frown.

"Marley?" Finn called, as he walked into the choir room. "Marley, are you okay? What happened?"

"She hasn't been eating." Jake confessed, and suddenly all the factors and clues integrated to that missing puzzle piece in Lexi's head. She cursed herself internally for not doing something about it sooner. "She's been skipping lunch."

"Is that because you've been telling her to?" Santana asked Kitty accusingly, as she and Lexi turned to blonde. "You trying to turn her into a damn rexy?"

"What?" Kitty asked, her voice wavering, as Santana and Lexi glared at her. "No. Why would I...Why would I want that?"

"Cause you're a crazy, evil bitch." Santana said, scoffing, as she folded her arms.

"You really are." Lexi agreed, as she made a face, before turning back to Marley.

"Hey, Marley, you all right?" Mr. Schue asked, after he'd entered. She nodded weakly in return.

"The nurse is on the way, Mr. Schue." Joe confirmed.

"Santana, Puck, you stay here with Marley." Mr. Schue instructed. "The rest of you guys, get back up there so Blaine can have his solo. Leaving the stage mid-competition, for any reason, is risking immediate disqualification."

"What?" Finn asked, shocked. "That-that's a rule?"

"Yeah, it's a rule." Coach Sylvester said, walking into the choir room. She waved a book in her hand, as everyone stared at her, rather confused. "One of the bylaws, actually. As all of you were spiraling into a self-created K-hold crazy, the judges, by unanimous vote, have declared the Warblers victorious. Hey, congratulations, Finn Hudson. For the first time in its charmed, yet pitiful existence, the New Directions has lost Sectionals. But here's the good news: Christmas came early for one Sue Sylvester."