Loser Like Me

6x01 ~ LOSER LIKE ME ~

Lexi had made a decision to take a hiatus from neurosurgery, and come back to Lima for a while. It was the start of another school year, and she had been asked to come teach biology, and Sue had asked her to coach the Cheerios. How could she say no? She was coming back to neurosurgery eventually, but for now, she needed a break.

After her break up with Sam, her and Blaine had stuck together, along with Artie and Kurt. They were all there for her as she healed from heer break up. She spent two weeks in her bedroom, refusing to come out. And the worse thing, she hadn't seen or spoken to Sam since they had broken up. So part of her had a fear of running into him at school. The plan was to try to avoid him, not that that was possible.

Blaine also could relate to the whole break up process, for he had broken up with Kurt. He also managed to get kicked out of NYADA. However, he decided to join Lexi in coming back to Lima, and they stayed in touch everyday. He was her biggest support system at the moment, and she was his. For that, they were both grateful.

The whole process of coming back to Lima was unprecedented for Lexi. It had been her home for ten years, yet she felt estranged when she stepped foot in the airport, and saw all the places she knew so well.

At the moment, Lexi had bought a house a few blocks away from the school. She lived alone at the moment, and honestly, she didn't mind the peacefulness sometimes. Although, she'd admit, she'd get lonely.

All she hoped for was that this year would be a little more upbeat and full of positively happy events, unlike the last year, and the past couple of months. She had emotionally endured quite a lot, and she needed a break, and coming to Lima seemed to be the perfect solution.
-------
Blaine stood in line at the Lima Bean, awaiting his turn to order his and Lexi's coffee. He'd invited her to meet up. It had been a few months since they'd seen each other, and he was eager to catch up on life, and check up on her.

While he stood in line, he saw a familiar person in front of him. Blaine instantly knew who it was, and internally began to panic, looking around the place to ensure Lexi was nowhere in sight. When he saw no sign of her, he decided to walk up to the person, tapping him on the shoulder. Sam turned around, and sent Blaine a confused expression. Why was he sending him the confused expression?

Blaine had made the decision to not gel his hair, so his curls were all over the place. It had been Lexi's idea, as a way to heal from his broken engagement.

 It had been Lexi's idea, as a way to heal from his broken engagement

"Hey, Sam, it's me, Blaine." He smiled.

Sam shook his head, as he slowly began to back away. "Look man, I don't care what your name is. I'm not into that stuff." He replied.

When Sam left with his coffee, Blaine wondered how one of his best friends didn't recognize him. There wasn't much difference in his appearance. He was still, Blaine Anderson.