Thanksgiving

4x8 ~ THANKSGIVING ~
••••••
Some of the New Direction alumni had promised to come out for Thanksgiving. There they stood, just like they had promised.

"All right, do you realize, standing before you are legends?" Finn asked, turning to the group.

Everyone, excluding the newbies clapped and cheered, happy to see their friends again. Lexi on the other hand felt a little infuriated with Quinn and Santana, they never answered any of her texts or calls. Sam sensed her tenseness, and gently pulled her chair closer to him.

"Any single one of those guys could be President of the United States one day." Finn continued.

"Oh god, no." Lexi shook her head. "Although, some of them would actually be possible candidates." She shrugged, as Sam chuckled.

"And lucky for us, they've agreed to help us." Finn smiled, only to be interrupted by Puck.

"Hang with the new chumps, and see if our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you." Puck added.

"It will." Mike assured the group.

"When you hear your name, pair up." Finn instructed. "Puck, you're with your brother. Mike, you're with Ryder. Marley, you're with Santana. Kitty, you're with Quinn. Wade, Mercedes."

"Mercedes was cloned." Brittany gasped in shock.

"Now, your mentors are here to help you with whatever you need: singing, dancing..."

"Birth control." Quinn joked, causing Kitty to laugh.

"You're so funny, and self-deprecating. We're so much alike." Kitty smiled, as Lexi raised her eyebrow.

"Wanky." Santana smirked at the girls.

"You aren't even like Quinn, Kitty." Lexi commented, folding her arms. "She can't live up to the queen status that Quinn had back when she attended McKinley." She added.

"The worst mistake that we can make is to underestimate our competition. The Warblers are ruthless this year." Finn said.

"Don't forget about the Rosedale Mennonites. Any show choir that can raise a barn in five minutes deserves mad respect." Artie pointed out.

"Sam and Lexi, you two ar handling our duet." Finn pointed at the couple, who smiled at each other. "And for the showstopper, we're doing Gangnam Style."

"Okay, hold up, Lumps." Santana raised her hand, as Finn turned to her. "Let me just say what everyone is thinking: You finally got an okay haircut, you're doing that annoying half smirk as much as you used to, but you're still an idiot." She ranted, pausing, before continuing. "No one in this room can tackle a massive dance number except for Britt and Lex. And considering that Lexi has a lead duet with Trouts, I expect the dance solo will obviously be given to Britt, right?"

"Is there any way Mr. Schue, can come back for this?" Joe spoke up, agreeing with Santana.

"Listen to me, we have never lost Sectionals before, and there's no way we're gonna do it under my watch." Finn said, acknowledging everyone in the room. "We can and will succeed! We need an ambitious number with a strong dance element. That's the Warbler's calling card, and we need to blow them out of the water. And Mike said he could easily show one of our guys how to do the dance number."

"Wait, I did?" Mike frowned.

"Crap. I, uh, I kind of forgot to ask you about that." Finn admitted sheepishly. "But one of our guys is gonna have to take the lead with Britt. So, who's it going to be?"
--------
Lexi had to restrain from rolling her eyes when she saw Quinn and Santana headed her way. She shook her head, and walked down the hallway, after closing her locker. They quickly jogged after her, so they were walking at the same pace.