Special Education

SPECIAL EDUCATION
••••••
"Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement." Rachel spoke up as Mr. Schue walked into the choir room. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals."

"Surprise, surprise." Lexi muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Me first." Mr. Schue replied. "Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now, if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance."

Everyone clapped and cheered at this news, excluding Rachel who frowned. Lexi smiled, and pulled Brittany into a congratulatory hug.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked, as Lexi groaned.

"Why do you seriously have to be such a diva?" Lexi spat at Rachel.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel." Mr. Shue clarified.

"Finally! So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asked.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads." Mr. Schue responded, as the room erupted in cheers. Lexi couldn't help but feel a little envious, however, she masked her pain with happiness for Sam and Quinn. After all, they were her best friends, so it was only logical that she support them.

"Ken and Barbie?!" Rachel explained, annoyed, as she gestured to Sam and Quinn. "Wait a-a-are you trying to throw this?"

"Give it up, dwarf." Lexi retorted. "Everyone's just as capable as you."

"You know, you used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth." Quinn commented, as Lexi and Sam chuckled.

"Okay, listen, I have talked about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly, haven't walked the walk." Mr. Schue admitted. "I mean, we have a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it."

"At least he's admitting he has favorites." Lexi whispered to Santana who agreed. "It's about time he take accountability on that."

"Do something!" Rachel pleaded to Finn, as she urgently looked for support on her case.

"Look, I'm all for.... Pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." Finn finished, in an attempt to defend himself and Rachel.

"Yeah." Rachel agreed.

"Oh god." Lexi mumbled. "Just give it up, you're making it worse."

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina nodded.

"This isn't about me, this is about the team." Finn said, still defending himself.

"You are such a hypocrite." Santana snarked.

"Oh, like you even know what that means." Rachel snarked in return.

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit!" Santana replied.

"You know what? Ever since the wedding you've been up my butt, and I am sick of it!" Rachel tried to be assertive.

"Oh what I'd give to slap you right now." Lexi said, as Rachel huffed, clearly agitated.

"C'mon Rachel, she's not worth it." Finn tried to break the growing tension.

"Oh, really? Cause that's not what you thought last year in that motel room. That's right Yentl, your sweetheart? He's been lying to you, cause he and I totally got it on last year." Santana smirked.

Everyone wore rather shocked, and surprised facial expressions. Lexi admitted that she knew about Santana and Finn's special night, but at that moment, she wanted to sink into the floor.

"Okay, enough already!" Mr. Schue spoke sternly, grabbing the group's undivided attention again. "No, more conversations about this, o-or anything! This is our plan for Sectionals, and that's that. Mike, Brittany, c'mon up, let's start choreographing."
------
During the glee meeting the following day, Puck was nowhere to be found. That left the group in utter confusion.

"Where's Puck? I haven't seen him since yesterday, and I need him to get me a churro." Santana spoke up rhetorically.

"My guess is he'd rather quit Glee Club than lose Sectionals, and I can't blame him." Mercedes commented. " Our set's gon' be real light on Mercedes."

"I'm telling you, if the Warblers win Sectionals, it's only because we gave them Kurt. We should not clap." Tina muttered.

"We should be supportive guys." Lexi sighed, fed up with the negative attitudes.

"If we lose, we should throw possums." Brittany said.

Lexi saw Rachel march into the choir room with a strip of duct tape across her mouth. "What is this? Some uncalled for pity party protest?" She asked sarcastically, as Quinn and Santana chuckled.

"Rachel, what are you doing?" Mr. Schue asked.

"I'm not doing anything." Rachel responded, dramatically ripping her piece of duct tape off. "You've silenced my talents. I'm merely protesting."

"I kind of dig your silence though." Lexi whispered to Rachel who rolled her eyes. Everyone else remained silent, until Rachel continued.

"My talents are wasted in this club. My star shines too bright, and I think you're threatened by it." She added, as the group began to feel annoyed with her diva persona, and insensitive attitude.

"Take that off!" Mr. Schue yelled, slamming the papers on the piano, as everyone jumped. "I'm tired of this Rachel! You have a terrible attitude, you're a lousy sport, and it is not okay anymore! I'm sorry you're disappointed, but you know, you could also make the choice to be happy, that we're a part of a glee club that is bursting at the seams with talent. There's an awful lot of 'me' talk going around. "What's in it for me?, 'What solo am I gonna sing?' Now, when we go to Sectionals, we're gonna be good sports. We'll cheer on the Hipsters, we'll cheer on Kurt, and the Warblers, and if they win, we will congratulate them, because that's who we are."

Before the teacher could continue, a traumatized Noah Puckerman entered the room, followed by a girl.

"Dude, where have you been?" Artie asked.

"I found him in a porta potty." The girl, who Lexi assumed was Lauren Zizes, answered.

"I was tryna find Kurt's replacement for Sectionals. That went very wrong. I was trapped in that porta potty for twenty four hours. Lauren found me and helped me out. So, I asked her if she wanted to join. She said yes, after a fw conditions which included but were not limited to seven minutes in heaven. I have to say, she kinda rocked my world." Puck said, as he finished his explanation.

"Okay guys, um, well, looks like we're back in business. Let's all welcome our newest member, Ms. Lauren Zizes!" Mr. Schue announced, trying to break the lingering tension. At his announcement, everyone clapped-rather slowly.

"Puck, nice work. We owe you one." Mr. Schue said, shaking Puck's hand.
------