A Wedding

6x08 ~ A WEDDING ~

The week of Santana and Brittany's wedding had finally arrived

The week of Santana and Brittany's wedding had finally arrived. After waiting several months, it was surreal to see the two women tying the knot. The couple had chosen to have their wedding in a beautiful rustic barn, and everyone from Glee Club had agreed to help prepare and ensure everything was ready by the end of the week.

"Hey, when you're done with that, we need to give Tina a hand." Kurt said to one of the newer members, as he wandered around, holding a checklist.

"How did I end up doing this?" Tina asked, with a groan. "These are, like, 700-pound hay bales." She added, as she dragged the bales across the barn.

"Because you volunteered to help out." Kurt pointed out.

"I didn't think I'd be stuck doing heavy manual labor, or I wouldn't have worn heels. And I don't...I don't really know all these new kids and I think they're a little pissed that I didn't re-introduce myself and now nobody's talking to me and it's really awkward." Tina rambled. "And besides, Lexi's not getting any hate or doing much."

"She's attended more Glee meetings in the past year." Kurt replied. "And the reason I'm not allowing her to do much is because she's seven months pregnant, so she is doing work, just not a lot, but she's still contributing..." He said.

"I'm still doing work!" Lexi argued, as she untangled the hundreds of string lights that Brittany and Santana had ordered two weeks before. "And I would do more, but the so-called parent of the group isn't allowing me to." She added, glaring at Kurt, who shrugged, before turning to see Brittany panicking.

"Oh, no. What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm freaking out! I-I-I'm, like, in total panic mode." Brittany exclaimed, pacing around on the balcony. "I don't think this barn is structurally sound and I'm scared it's gonna collapse and just, like... I'm gonna kill everybody."

"Britt, you are just having some pre-wedding jitters..." Kurt said.

"No.  It's totally fine. I'm like, we still, uh, we still haven't had our final fittings... Oh, Kurt. I just got a telegram from Martina Navratilova that she can't be our officiant because she's never really done it before and she doesn't really know either of us." Brittany continued with her nervous ramble.

"Okay..." Kurt nodded.

"Oh, my God. That's wrong." Brittany said, as she rushed in Madison's direction. "Can we-we just, like, throw it up? Like, way up high?" She asked, before turning to some of the others. "And these are in the wrong spot." She said to Lexi who sighed, trying to restrain her pregnancy hormones from causing her to yell.

"Well, you...you just said to put them here, Britt." Lexi replied, pointing to some of the lights she'd hung.

"Okay, well, you're wrong." Brittany retorted.

"I didn't... realize that... I'm sorry." Lexi apologized, as she wiped her tears. She received concerned looks from everyone, especially Brittany, Sam, and Kurt. She shook her head, and waved them off.

"And now I made you cry." Brittany sighed.

"I'm not crying, Britt. It's my pregnancy hormones." Lexi smiled. "I'll fix the lights though, okay?"

"You know, I-I'm here to help, okay?" Kurt assured Brittany. "And Britt, you have got to trust me when I say that everything is gonna be fine. I-It's okay to have a-a little anxiety before your wedding.

"There's dirt on the white thing." Brittany added, before turning back to him. "How did you cope with, like, wedding planning?"

"Well, I-I didn't really have to, because we called it off b-before... You remember?" He asked.

"I find it really hard to track your relationship." Brittany admitted.

"Well, this isn't about me." Kurt said, awkwardly. "Um... so let's just focus on the problems at hand, okay?"

"Like the problem of your boyfriend being older than your dad?" Brittany frowned.

"Wait." Kurt smiled when an idea came to him. "I know who can officiate."

"Who?"

"Burt!" Kurt answered, excited at the prospect of his dad officiating the wedding.

"Who's...? Burt Hummel. I-I don't... I don't know who that is." Brittany said, a little lost, despite her stress and semi-panic attack.

"It's-it's my dad." Kurt said.

"It's his dad." Lexi smiled at the blonde. "You've met him before, Britt."

"Your... Yes." Brittany nodded, finally catching up to the conversation.
--------
The next day, Santana, and Brittany met up with all the former girls from New Directions at a bridal shop, so that the couple could try on and model their selected dresses.

"Listen up bitches, here's the game plan." Santana grinned, excitement evident in her voice. "Britt, and I do not want to see each other in our dresses until the wedding. So we're gonna come out one at a time to show you our selections." She explained, as the girls nodded.

The girls watched, as Santana and Brittany made their way towards the dressing rooms to try on. Brittany stopped, and called after Santana. "Oh, and no peeking Santana, I don't want nine thousand years of bad luck."

"Let the fashion show begin!"

The couple began taking turns modelling their selected dresses, while the former girls from New Directions smiled, and gave their opinions. Eventually, Brittany came out in a beautiful wedding dress that made her look like a princess out of a fairytale.

"Britt." Lexi smiled through her tears. "That's absolutely stunning."

"Don't cry." Brittany smiled in return when she saw her friend crying. She was still oblivious to the fact that Lexi's pregnancy hormones caused her to be a little more sensitive to emotions.

"It's perfect." Rachel agreed.

"You can totally rock the dance floor in it." Quinn nodded with a smile.

"I think this is the one you guys." Brittany said in a hush voice, as she smiled at her friends.

"I think so too." Tina nodded.

"It's so gorgeous." Mercedes added.

"I know right?" Brittany asked, with a smile.

"Wow. Wow, Brittany, you look so beautiful." Santana complimented, as she walked out from the changeroom.

Hearing her fiance's voice, Brittany began to panic, as she quickly pushed Lexi in front of her. Lexi frowned, knowing she was shorter than her, and didn't particularly know how she was benefitting as a hiding place.

"I was going crazy back there, but everyone's right, you look incredible." Santana continued with a smile.

"No, no, no, no! You're not supposed to see the dress before the wedding! That's bad luck, Santana, bad luck!" Brittany pointed out.

Lexi saw her friend panicking, and was quick to offer her assistance. "Britt, hey, deep breaths, calm down, it's okay." She said, rubbing her back, while she sent Santana a sympathetic smile.

"It's gonna be okay, Britt." Santana assured.

"Throw this salt over your shoulder." Tina instructed, handing Brittany a pack of salt. Brittany threw it over her shoulder, but that didn't seem to solve the situation. Mercedes sighed, and began to push a begrudgingly reluctant Santana back to her dressing room, while the other girls dealt with Brittany, who was still panicking. "What's happening? What do I do?"
---------