What the World Needs Now

6x06 ~ WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW ~
••••••
With the successful win at invitationals, there was much luck on the horizon for the New Directions. Plus, they were definitely starting to come out of their shells, and bond as a team after the win. Everything was positive, and looking up, with the new additions of Kitty and Spencer.

"Hello winners!" Rachel said in a sing-songy voice, as her and Kurt walked into the choir room. "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm still basking in the glow of our first many, championship trophies!"

"Well, Rachel and I want our champions to celebrate another champion." Kurt continued, after seeing the group nod and smile.

"Katniss Everdeen!" Brittany called.

"Close." Rachel pointed at the girl with a grin, before turning towards the whiteboard, and holding her hands up, while Kurt revealed the board. "Burt Bacharach." She announced.

"This is a good time to go to the bathroom or fall asleep or get a snack." Kitty whispered to Spencer who chuckled.

"Burt Bacarach has written seventy-three top forty hits. He's also won three Oscars, two golden globes and a buttload of Grammys. His music has been featured on everything from the Simpsons to Goodfellas." Kurt continued with the assignment.

"And you can't help but grin when you listen to his music." Rachel added. "His songs are uplifting and theatrical and optimistic."

"We need to soak up all his uplifting energy as we get ready for Sectionals which are five weeks away, but I guarantee you, Vocal Adrenaline and the Warblers are doing everything in their power to regain their former glory." Kurt said.

"Bit fear not! Because we have a secret weapon!" Rachel smiled, as Mercedes entered. "Is that my cue?"

At her entrance, everyone clapped and cheered for the woman as she smiled, walking into the room..

"Yes, I am here to mentor you and yes, these might be real diamonds, and yes, my single, Shakin My Head is number eighty-nine on ITunes. So which one of you wants me to mentor you?" Mercedes asked, as the whole group raised their hands simultaneously.

"Where's Lexi?" Santana spoke up, breaking the loud chatter.

"She's at home." Kitty answered. "She locked herself in her bedroom, because she's avoiding Sam for some reason."

"You of all people should know the reason." Kurt said, as Kitty shrugged.

"Usually I know many things, but not this one yet...although I can guess a few possible answers as to why she's avoiding him." Kitty replied.

"Well, Auntie Snixx is going to make sure she's back to school by the end of the week." Santana winked, as she got up, and left the choir room.
--------
Lexi sat in her bedroom, tucked into bed. She had received the paternity results a few days prior, but she had texted Sam, telling him she couldn't open it. She was scared, but she didn't want Sam to know that. The result envelope sat on her bedside table, while she leaned against her headboard, covering herself with her blankets.

"Knock knock." She heard Santana say. When she didn't answer, Santana walked into the bedroom, carrying a tray of food.

"Who let you in?" Lexi frowned.

"Kitty gave me her keys." Santana answered. "I'm going to be here for you until you are ready to roll out of bed, and come back to work."

"Oh boy." Lexi muttered.

"Are you doing okay? We don't need to bring you to the doctor's or anything, right?"

"Lexi."

"Santana..." Lexi sighed. "I can recall a few years ago when you went through your break up with Brittany. You hid in your dorm room, and rejected food, and any company. All me, and our friends wanted to do was bury you in love, but, you locked the door, and we grudgingly respected your desire for quiet and privacy."