Movin' Out

5x6 ~ MOVIN' OUT ~
••••••
Jake Puckerman stood at his locker minding his own business. That was until his locker was slammed shut by one Lexi Torres. He jumped and relaxed when he saw who it was. Although he didn't have time to think because he felt a pain in his cheek.

"What the heck was that for?" He asked, surprised by the painful slap.

"For cheating on Marley." Lexi said through gritted teeth, as she crossed her arms.

"I realized what I did, only after it was too late." Jake sighed.

"You've been cheating on her with my rival, Bree." Lexi exclaimed frustrated. "And you've flirted with the other Cheerios. I've seen it, so don't deny it."

"I'm trying to win Marley back, because I feel terrible." Jake replied.

"Do you though?" Lexi asked. "You Puckermans have a knack for hooking up with girls, and that's nothing on you...but you're known for leading girls on."

"We're also known for succeeding in romance." Jake defended.

"Please! You don't succeed in every relationship." She scoffed. "Because in that area, I have no respect for you." Lexi said, as she crossed her arms again, before she turned around and began walking to the choir room.

"Lex, wait!" Jake called after her, causing her to turn around at the end of the hallway.

"It has been lovely, but we are done." Lexi said, before she disappeared around the corridor. As Jake watched her walk off, he leaned against his locker, letting out a sigh. He was internally scolding himself for cheating on Marley. He would admit that Lexi had a fair point, but he would refuse to agree with that aloud, but somewhere deep down, he knew that she knew she'd done her job.
---------

Meanwhile, aside from that drama, Sue had set up a career fair at McKinley

Meanwhile, aside from that drama, Sue had set up a career fair at McKinley. Literally every hallway was taken up with career tables, and unfortunately there were barely any representations of the arts. That didn't stop Mr. Schue from creating an assignment that week to represent how difficult and demanding a career in any field of art was.

However, Lexi didn't need to worry about that, for her, Sam, and Blaine were off to New York. Although she was excited to see Kurt, and Santana, she also got to tour NYU. She was rather excited about the whole planned weekend.

Before the three of them were allowed to leave, Mr. Schue had informed them that they were permitted to perform a song that fit the assignment that week, which happened to be Billy Joel, one of Lexi's favorite artists.

Everyone stood gathered around the piano while Mr. Schue talked about the career fair. Lexi found herself zoning in and out during his prolonged speech. She sighed, as she leaned against Sam's shoulder, only snapping out of her trance when Blaine tapped her shoulder.

"And that's why this week is about a funny looking child who had a hard time in the music industry." Mr. Schue explained, as he wrote "Billy Joel" on the whiteboard. "Billy had to fight for his entire career for a very long time. He was failed and disappointed, wrote numbers that nobody wanted, he played piano in bars ust to pay the rent, people said he would never make it because he didn't look right."