Duets

DUETS
•••••

"Alright, let's, uh, gather around

"Alright, let's, uh, gather around." Mr. Schue said, walking into the choir room. Everyone complied and took their seats. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys, Puckerman's in juvie."

"It really was just a matter of time." Tina said aloud.

"What did he do?" Lexi asked confused. She wasn't too surprised, but that didn't prevent her from feeling a little shocked.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr. Schue explained, causing Brittany and Santana to snicker under their breath.

"And when is he getting out?" Asked Rachel.

"Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany spoke up, unaware of her insensitive words.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Mr. Schue interjected sternly.

"For a guy who puts his needs before the team's?" Finn scoffed in disbelief, receiving a slap on the arm from Lexi. "We need his voice and bad boy presence."

"We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Mr. Schue continued.

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked, as Lexi murmured her agreement.

"For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!"

At Mr. Schue's announcement, Lexi sat up a little straighter. She smiled as Sam came running into the room. He saw her smiling, and sent her a smile, which caused her to blush.

"Someone's in love." Santana teased, nudging her, as Lexi rolled her eyes.

"Shut up." Lexi retorted quietly, before she turned her attention back to Sam.

"Hey everybody, I'm Sam. Sam, I am." He joked lightly, giving the group a friendly smile, after shaking hands with Mr. Schue. "And I don't like green eggs and ham." He added, causing Lexi to giggle. Sam smiled at her again, knowing how easy it was to get a reaction out of her.

"Oh wow. He has no game." Santana muttered, as Lexi glared at her.

"Okay! This is gonna be great!" Finn smiled, as he stood up, and shook Sam's hand.

"Oh good." Sam replied.

"Sam, you sit right here." Finn gestured to the chair beside Lexi. Finn was quick to send Lexi a knowing wink, which she shook her head at.

"I thought you weren't joining." Lexi whispered to Sam, once he'd sat down beside her.

"Changed my mind." Sam replied with a small smile. The two of them had still been studying together, and hanging out after their moment they had shared a few weeks prior. They hadn't really properly discussed it, but both of them knew that they were seemingly growing closer.