The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester

A/N: I focused more on Lexi in this chapter because part of her plot line in Season 6 has been important.
••••••
6x10 ~ THE RISE AND FALL OF SUE SYLVESTER ~

••••••6x10 ~ THE RISE AND FALL OF SUE SYLVESTER ~

Lexi had reached her due date. Well, she was due the next day, but any moment was possible. However, she still insisted on working at school. She couldn't physically coach Cheerios, but she stood by the bleachers directing them. She still taught her biology class, and sometimes some other classes. Point was, she was making the most out of her free time before the baby arrived.

Sam sat in the teacher's lounge during his lunch break, when he turned to Lexi who slowly entered the room, letting out some deep breaths, as she walked. She sent him a tired smile, while she approached him.

"Oh hey, mommy." He greeted, teasingly.

"Nope." Lexi frowned, shaking her head. "Unh-unh."

"You can call me daddy." Sam responded, watching as she carefully sat down.

"And now, I might never do that again." Lexi said, as she opened her lunch. "Did you already have one last practice before the game this evening?"

"Yep." Sam nodded. "Went smoothly, and we still have some other tasks, but I was thinking that we could have a movie night, and celebrate the advantage of still being a party of two."

"Unfortunately, I have some extra science classes I'm substituting for." Lexi replied. "And I'm hoping to lead some overtime Cheerios practice."

"Let me reiterate once again that you had contractions a few weeks ago in the middle of the school hallway." Sam reminded her, as she rolled her eyes.

"So?" Lexi shrugged.

"So, I'm saying, don't you think it would be healthy to lighten your schedule a little bit?" Sam asked. "I do." He added his personal opinion in.

"You can return to school anytime you want after our baby is born. I can't, so I need to squeeze in as much as I can." Lexi said.

"Lex, the Cheerios are ready for you." Kitty smiled at the couple from the door.

"All right." Lexi nodded, slowly standing up. "I will be there in a minute." She let out a breath, as she began to slowly walk out of the room, while holding her back, before proceeding to run her hands over her stomach.

"Might be more like twenty." Sam called after his girlfriend.

At that, Lexi turned around. "Shut up." She commented, before leaving the room, causing Sam to laugh fondly.
----------
"Are you sure you're suited to coach us today, Lex?" Kitty frowned, as Lexi walked beside her, inhaling and exhaling deep breaths.

"Yes, I am." Lexi nodded. "I know I may look like a poor waddling penguin, but I'm fitted to teach. Besides, this could be my final day for the next three months. Gotta make the most of it."