Wonder-ful

4x21 ~ WONDER-FUL ~
••••••
"Wonder-ful!" Mr. Schue said, writing the word on the board, before turning to the group. "All right, guys, I just got some wonderful news from Rachel. She's got a second callback for Funny Girl."

At that, everyone clapped and cheered, while their teacher pulled a chair in front of the group. Rachel Berry had never been Lexi's favorite person. She never once considered her a friend, but she would admit that the girl was talented. Everyone knew that.

"And that's not our only good news." Mr. Schue continued, when the claps and cheers had died down. "Brittany is at M.I.T. touring the campus because she's got an early acceptance."

"That's my girl!" Lexi commented, a proud smile gracing her face, as Kitty leaned over to her.

"That can't be true." Kitty shook her head.

"And I re-proposed to Emma. She reaccepted, and we're getting married after regionals." Mr. Schue announced, as the group clapped and cheered again. "We're excited."

"I've got good news, too." Tina added, as she stood up, walking to the front. "I'm wait-listed at the Columbus College of Veterinary Medicine. It's a fallback if I don't pursue acting."

Everyone applauded, and cheered once more. There was no limit of the good news pouring in that week. It was all really amazing. Well, maybe not for Lexi. As Sam clapped, he turned to look at her, noticing her slightly worried and anxious face. He knew what was wrong immediately.

"You're going to get accepted into NYU, baby." He said, squeezing her hand in his. "That acceptance letter is still coming."

"I know..." Lexi nodded, leaning her head against his shoulder, allowing Sam to pull her closer to him. At this point, she wasn't too sure what to believe. She barely had a back-up plan in order. Everything had just been a whirlwind with her mom passing away, and rejection letters.

"Tina, that's not just good news." Mr. Schue smiled, continuing with the lesson. " It's wonderful, and that's what this week is all about. We're taking a lesson from one of the greatest musical artists of all time. Despite facing a ton of obstacles, he's a living example of embracing...n-n-no, celebrating... joy and optimism, and he's collected 25 Grammys along the way. So don't you worry 'bout a thing because whether you're ebony or ivory, you are the sunshine of my life." He said, as everyone laughed, beginning to gradually clue onto the assignment that week.

"Yes. And next week at regionals we will be jammin' on higher ground. It's a Stevie Wonder week."
--------
Kitty smiled as everyone clapped for her performance of Signed, Sealed, Delivered. For some odd reason, she'd dedicated it to Artie. Leaning against his wheelchair, she smiled at the rest of the group.

"Seemed like the perfect Stevie song to celebrate Artie getting his acceptance letter into film school." She spoke up, as their friends congratulated the boy, who frowned, wheeling himself back to his place. He didn't seem thrilled, despite the endless congratulations coming his way. "Signed, sealed, delivered."

"Well, you know, that may have been the perfect song, but that performance was just one package that I'm not signing for." Mercedes said to the younger girl, as the New Directions turned to her. "I mean, honestly, it was good, but you guys have got to be great for Regionals."

Kitty scoffed, crossing her arms, while sending a death glare at Mercedes, along with Kurt, and Mike who'd flown back to Lima to help out with Regionals.

"Yeah, clearly we should be taking our advice from someone who came crawling back to Ohio after apparently having her L.A. dream shattered." She retorted, as Mercedes raised an eyebrow at the girl. "You learn your new lyrics yet? Do you want fries with that?"

"Oh, well, maybe if you put some of that sass in your performance, your teacher wouldn't have begged me to come here and be your new vocal coach." Mercedes retorted, as Lexi bit her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

"Burn..." Lexi commented, as Sam chuckled at her That '70s Show sitcom reference.

"Mercedes is one of the strongest vocalists in McKinley Glee Club history." Mr. Schue interjected before an argument could arise.

"Then why didn't she get any solos or duets for competitions?" Lexi asked rhetorically, rolling her eyes.

"So get on point, Kitty, your little theory about Mercedes' shattered dreams, like most of the garbage that comes out of your mouth, is wrong." Kurt was quick to defend her. "All right, Mercedes is back because she has a new album coming out, all about home, and she's come back to film for it."

"Wait, really?" Lexi asked with a smile, as Mercedes nodded. "I'm so proud of you!"

"And Mr. Schue asked me to help choreograph for Regionals." Mike added, explaining his role there that week, although Tina, didn't seem impressed.

"I love you, Mike, I love all my exes. But this isn't wonderful news, it's shocking." She exclaimed, receiving frowns from the group. "Now we need some guy to help us dance? Hashtag Glee Hates Girls. And what are you here to lecture us about, Kurt, our horrible taste in clothing?"

"My dad has cancer." Kurt answered, glaring at her, which caused her to slump in her chair.

"Thanks Tina." Blaine scoffed under his breath.

"Way to go." Lexi sent the girl a glare, knowing how hard it was to have a parent battling cancer. She knew the feeling too well.

"All right, let's take this whole thing from the top." Mercedes spoke up, breaking the tension in the current atmosphere. She stood up, and directed the group. "Kitty, in the back. Marley, I want you on lead vocals."
----------