Homecoming

6x2 ~ HOMECOMING ~
•••••••
The group was having dinner at Mr. Schue's house, and if you weren't a part of Glee, you'd think it was a strange idea. However, for the New Directions, it wasn't uncomfortable or weird, hence they'd been to his house on multiple occasions.

Sam, Kurt, and Rachel were the first former students gathered at Mr. Schue's house. Now, they were only waiting for two more people, Lexi, and Blaine, and only Rachel and Mr. Schue knew the two were coming. Why didn't they tell Sam and Kurt? Rachel wasn't too sure, but she shook the thought off, excited to see her friends.

Lexi was substituting for a science club leader that evening, and finishing coaching Cheerios practice, and Blaine was finishing up Warblers rehearsals for the day, so he offered to pick her up, which she happily accepted. Yes, Lexi had a vehicle, but a fair majority of the time, she chose to walk, or she would drive with Kurt to school. It varied, but for now, she was grateful for the ride.

"I mean, honestly, I forgot how cold those slushies are." Rachel explained, as she told the boys about the events that had unfolded earlier on. "They chill you to the bone!"

If one thing was clear, being slushied was a daily thing for all the Glee members back in high school. Eventually, they had grown accustomed to it happening, and learned to tolerate it. After winning Nationals, it had stopped, but now, since Rachel was rebooting the Glee Club, it had started again.

"I'm so sorry that happened, Rachel." Mr. Schue apologized, as he placed some dishes of food on the table. "All right, guys, dinner is served."

"You know what? It didn't really bother me." Rachel admitted truthfully. 'It's like I felt good being an underdog again, like I was getting back to my McKinley roots."

At her answer, the three men were kind of shocked to hear about her not minding the slushy. They could recall Rachel when she was back in high school, always complaining that she hated getting slushied. And to be honest, it wasn't pleasant when a slushy was thrown in your face.

Before any of them could respond, the doorbell rang, and that caused Sam and Kurt to exchange confused looks. Both of them were unaware that more guests were showing up.

"Oh, guess that's Lexi and Blaine." Mr. Schue said, as he stood up and went to open the front door for his two former students.

When their names were mentioned, Rachel smiled, while Sam almost choked on his drink. Sure him and Lexi were hooking up here and there, but having not seen her for a few days, it still came as a surprise. Meanwhile, Kurt sat frozen in place, having not seen Blaine since their nasty break up.

When Mr. Schue opened his door, a smile grew on his face. "Hey, come on in." He said, as Blaine and Lexi walked in. Each of them gave their former teacher a quick hug, before joining the group in the dining room.

"Hey, everybody." Blaine greeted. "Oh my god, you will not believe the day I just had." He said, sitting down.

"Sorry we're late." Lexi said, as she sat down at the table, realizing that she was sitting right across from Sam. They both felt time stop, as they stared at each other, before Lexi broke eye contact, coughing awkwardly, before she spoke up again. "What did we miss?"

Sam found himself staring at his ex-girlfriend. Honestly, he wasn't sure what they were labeling themselves now, since they were hooking up, and using each other as tension and alternative pain relief. It was their way of letting off steam from the break up. All he wanted was to be an official couple again, because he was still in love with her. What he wasn't aware of, was that she was still in love with him too.

"Uh, not much." Mr. Schue answered. "But since I have you all here, we might as well get started." At his words, Rachel cleared his throat, before she nodded her head in agreement. "We have some fierce show choir competition ahead of us, and, uh, I think we should lay down some ground rules."