Goodbye

3x22 ~ GOODBYE ~
•••••••
Each and every member of the New Directions sat togher, reunited in the choir room. They were watching the original five members redoing their performance of Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat from three years before. It was the first song that was ever performed in Glee Club. If Lexi was being completely honest, she was happy to have joined after that horrendous number. Although, it was much more improved and in sync three years later.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." Santana commented with a teasing chuckled, as everyone else clapped and cheered for the group.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. National champs, baby!" Artie said with a smile.

Everyone continued cheering, and chattering, until Mr. Schue walked in the room, and wrote Goodbye on the whiteboard - the noise died down. He turned to look at everyone. "This week's assignment is easy. Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. OUr work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: say goodbye."

With that being said, sad looks and gentle smiles were visible throughout the room. Lexi bit her lip, preventing her from breaking right there. She didn't know if she'd make it through the week, knowing she'd eventually cave in.

"Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors. Seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us." Mr. Schue continued with the final assignment.

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever." Mercedes commented.

We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." Brittany suggested, as Lexi chuckled softly.

Everyone laughed along, but stopped when they noticed their teacher picking up a guitar.

"I really hope you're about to rap." Quinn commented jokingly, as the group chuckled.

"No such luck." Mr. Schue chuckled along with them. "I'm leading by example here. This one is for you guys." And with that, he began to strum the guitar, and sing Forever Young.
-----------

Lexi and Brittany stood together on the sidestage, in their black leotards, as they listened to Kurt and their dad talk

Lexi and Brittany stood together on the sidestage, in their black leotards, as they listened to Kurt and their dad talk. They chuckled, waiting for their cue to come out. Burt had asked the two girls to ask for help with the choreography, which they gladly offered. They had been practicing together for the past few weeks. Lexi thought it was quite the meaningful gesture.

"You know...why is it called Single Ladies?" Brittany asked quietly, as Lexi raised her eyebrow at the blonde.

"It's just a song, Britt..." Lexi answered with a chuckle, not wanting to get into the full song analysis.

"But we're both taken, we're not single." Brittany explained, confused, as Lexi giggled.

"Do you remember when it all started?" Burt asked, as the two girls walked onstage to join them. Kurt's face was priceless. "When we turned a corner and started walking towards each other, rather than in opposite directions?"