Bash

5x15 ~ BASH ~
•••••••

Sam knew how swamped Lexi had been with exams, and everything under the sun

Sam knew how swamped Lexi had been with exams, and everything under the sun. University was a lot to handle, but he was more than proud of her for all her hard work and dedication towards school, and her job. However, he also didn't get to see her often, even though they lived together.

Lexi was at NYU five days a week, and on the weekends she'd study, and use her spare time to spend with her friends, and Sam. However, on weekdays, with an exception of accomplishing all her work on time, she was free. It rarely happened, but with winter break approaching, it was a little more frequent, giving her some breathing room, and needed time off.

"Is anyone home?" She asked, as she walked into the house.

"Hey, Lex." She heard Sam answer from the kitchen. Immediately, expecting him to be unintentionally burning food, she made her way over to him.

"You aren't burning anything, right?" She asked. "Because, if you are..." She paused when she saw he'd prepared dinner for them.

"Surprise." Sam smiled.

"What's this?" Lexi smiled softly, as she looked at all the delicious food placed on the dining table.

"Dinner." He answered, rather proud of himself. "I thought that I'd prepare something special, because you've been working very hard, and could use a special treat."

"I love it, thank you." She said, as he leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before they pulled away, and proceeded to sit down at the table.

"I'm surprised you didn't burn the food." Lexi commented, as Sam laughed.

"I mean, we know what happened last time." He replied, as they both thought back to the time he'd tried to make a simple pasta dish for them. To sum it up short, he burned it.

"You're getting way better at baking and cooking for sure." She nodded, as she ate a spoonful of soup.

"Thanks baby." He smiled gratefully. "How was university today?"

"Demanding, but rewarding." Lexi answered.

"I'm proud of you." Sam said, sending her a slight smirk, causing her to giggle.

"Thank you." She nodded.

"And your mom, and Finn would be super proud of you too." He assured her.

"I sure hope so." She smiled, as she felt tears beginning to cloud her eyes. "Oh crap, I didn't want to get all emotional right now." She chuckled, wiping her tears.

"Come here." Sam said with a small smile, opening his arms. She complied, accepting the much needed hug. They chose to stay in that hug for a few moments, just enjoying the comfortable silence.

"I love you." Lexi said, pulling away so she could look at him.

"I love you too." Sam replied, as he leaned his forehead against hers, more than grateful for any time they got to spend together. How did he get so lucky? He wasn't too sure, but he certainly wasn't taking it for granted.
----------