Saturday Night Glee-Ver

3x16 ~ SATURDAY NIGHT GLEE-VER ~
••••••••

Lexi sat along with some of the other New Directions as Blaine, Mike and Brittany performed their energetic rendition of You Should Be Dancing. She had to admit she didn't know Blaine could dance that well...it was impressive. Although she was far from denying that disco wasn't entirely her thing, her and Santana still clapped loudly, especially for Brittany.

"Wow, guys, what brought this on?" Mr. Schue smiled, walking onto stage after their performance had finished.

"Well, we know this year's Nationals theme was Vintage, so we thought we needed something old, but something with a lot of energy. So we thought: disco." Blaine explained, as the teacher nodded.

"Absolutely." Mr. Schue was rather quick to agree with Blaine. "I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but back when I was in Glee Club, we took it all the way to Nationals with pure power of unadulterated disco."

"You mean back when disco was a thing in the 20th century." Lexi commented sarcastically, as Sam and Quinn chuckled. She really wasn't wanting a whole week to be dedicated to disco...but it could take off the pain she was feeling from Lucas leaving the altar a week earlier. She hadn't had time to properly validate her feelings, and digest the whole thing.

"Um, well, there's just one problem with that idea." Puck spoke up.

"And what's that?" Mr. Schue turned to look at the remainder of the group in the audience.

"Disco sucks!" They chorused simultaneously.
---------

Later on, the group stopped by the choir room because they saw a dance floor

Later on, the group stopped by the choir room because they saw a dance floor. They frowned, and wandered inside.

"Did someone steal our floor?" Brittany asked curiously.

"Don't worry, we'll have it back by the end of the week." Mr. Schue assured the group. "In the meantime, Sue has lent us her..."

"My very own personal, one-of-a-kind, lit-from-within, shatterproof, Plexiglass dance floor." Coach Sylvester said, finishing the sentence. "Modeled, of course, on the dance floor immortalized by a young, usky John Travolta at the height of potency in the legendary dansical Saturday night Fever."

"Coach Sylvester, while we applaud your proper use of the terminology, we told Mr. Schue we do not support disco in this room." Rachel spoke up.

"Ah, but some of you do." Mr. Schue was quick to argue. "So for this week's assignment, we are going back in time to the songs of Saturday Night Fever."

"Come on, Mr. Schue." Finn groaned. "That's, like, a record our parents listen to."

"That album, teen Solomon Grundy, is one of the best-selling soundtracks of all time." Coach Sylvester said, quick to protest.