We Built This Glee Club

6x11 ~ WE BUILT THIS GLEE CLUB ~
•••••
Lexi and Sam had been parents to Aris for over a month and a half, and it was hella tiring. But, while it was tiring, it was rewarding, and it had been some of the best weeks of their life. They were grateful, and couldn't complain.

Lexi sighed, as she folded endless amounts of laundry at the dining room table. Having three people in the house, meant that the laundry really increased.

She groaned when she saw Sam walk in with another big basket of laundry.

"No." Lexi shook her head, pointing towards the door. "Return that laundry back where it came from. I already have all the clothing in the house."

"Yeah, I found some more of your clothing items under our bed." Sam pointed out, as she sighed.

"Sorry, I've been out of whack with getting used to being a mom." Lexi admitted. "It's overwhelming."

"I know, babe." Sam agreed.

Both of the new parents stopped talking when they heard Aris crying again, for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

"I swear I just fed him." Lexi commented emotionless.

"I ate a lot of food as a kid." Sam shrugged. "Still do." He let out a sigh after placing the laundry basket on the table. "Baby or laundry, Lex?" He asked.

"If I could choose a third option, neither." Lexi answered, as she ran a hand through her hair. "Can everything just stop? Like the whole world? Can it just stop, so we can all melt?"

"It's all frustrating." Sam nodded, frowning when he saw a vehicle pull up in their driveway.

"What are you looking at?" Lexi asked, following his gaze out the window.

"I think I know who it is." Sam said, as he made his way to the front door. Lexi was quick to follow him, as they opened the door, and walked out into the yard.

"Surprise!" Mary smiled, as her, Dwight, and Stevie and Stacey got out of their vehicle.

"Holy crap, more laundry." Lexi thought to herself, but shook it off, and smiled at Sam's family.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sam asked, with a small smile.

"We decided to stop by here for a couple of days, on our roadtrip across the US." Dwight answered.

"I guess, you guys want to see Aris?" Sam asked, as they nodded.

"We really came to see our new grandson." Mary smiled.

"We'll do you two, one better." Dwight continued. "We'd be willing to watch Aris while you to go back to work, or just have the house to yourselves for a few hours this week."

"So, you're saying that you'd be willing to take care of our son for a few hours everyday?" Lexi asked for clarification, while a smile grew on her face.

"Those first exhausting months with a newborn....it's impossible without some assistance." Mary smiled.

"Only if you two are okay with it." Dwight added.

"Okay." Lexi smiled.

"I don't see why not." Sam also smiled, happy to be kid free for a few hours. It meant that there was time to spend with Lexi, and he felt like they never got much alone time together, as of the past month and a half.

"Have I ever told you guys how much I love you?" Lexi asked. "Because, seriously, I definitely love you guys."

"And we love you." Mary smiled. "And we couldn't have asked for a better daughter-in-law."