I Kissed A Girl

I KISSED A GIRL
••••••

I KISSED A GIRL ••••••

"Mom...I'm off to school." Lexi called, as she grabbed her coat.

"Sounds good, Lex." Sara called back from the living room, where her and Lexi's dad-Arson sat. If you asked Lexi, Arson was a suitable name. He had arrived unannounced to their house, the day Sam left. Lexi had still not adjusted, and nor had Sara. He insisted on staying around, and Lexi avoided him at all costs, until she realized how he was starting to steal Sara away from her, and Lucas -Sara's current boyfriend. He was literally blowing up fires everywhere.

"Are we still on for our movie night tonight?" Lexi asked, as Sara and Lexi's dad walked to the door.

"Yeah." Sara smiled at her daughter.

"I was actually thinking of taking your mother to dinner, and out for the evening." Arson spoke up, as Lexi tried to restrain herself from rolling her eyes.

"Mom..." Lexi raised an eyebrow, and sent Sara a pleading look.

"Honey, I'm sorry, but I think we'll hold off on the movie night." Sara decided. "Can I take a raincheck?"

Lexi sighed, feeling slightly disappointed. The start of the school year had been rough, and up till now, it still wasn't any good...and it was November. She was still in a relationship with Sam - their long distance relationship was still successful. She hadn't seen him since September, but they called and video chat everyday. She missed him, and she missed being in his arms, and having him around.

She was still a part of the New Directions, while Santana, Brittany, Mercedes and Sugar, had formed The Trouble Tones. Despite all that drama, and missing Sam, Lexi's family situation had been difficult. She didn't have her mom to herself. Arson was still around, stealing her mom and trying to win her back, even though Sara was with Lucas - and Lexi could see they were getting serious...maybe marriage was on the table. However, with Arson around, there was no hope.

To sum it up, he was only interested when Sara was around, and wasn't even interested in Lexi. Simply getting to know her, he avoided at all costs. So, the past few months, Lexi had found herself with her friends, or alone, eating most of her meals in her bedroom. She didn't feel like she could talk to anyone, except for Sam, and even then, he was four hours away. Luckily, she had Quinn who had joined the New Directions after her skank phase. They were reconciling their friendship. She also had Santana, and Brittany, Kurt, and Blaine. Although she'd always turn to Quinn, Sam, Santana, and Kurt the most.

"Fine..." Lexi decided, as she slung her rucksack over her bag. "I never see you anymore, but that's fine by me." She yelled from the end of the driveway, as she hopped on her bike, and rode off.

She was feeling unloved and unaccepted by her dad, and Sam hadn't been answering her calls or texts that week...so she was beginning to feel insecure, and worried. If she knew the truth, Sam was just working many hours at a bar...stripping. He didn't want Lexi to know about that yet, so he kept it on the down low. He was afraid she was catching on, because she was quite perceptive. She already noticed glitter in his hair...so Sam suspected she was starting to assume things. Who on earth has a job at Dairy Queen, and has glitter in their hair?