A Night of Neglect

A/N: a favorite of mine, because of Lexi's whole plot line in this chapter:)
•••••
NIGHT OF NEGLECT
••••••
"Alright, we need $5,000 to pay for our trip to Nationals in New York." Mr. Schue announced to the New Directions as he entered the choir room."

"What happened to the money that we got from the Cheerios?" Quinn asked.

"I guess Sue was hiding it in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and we're having some trouble accessing some of it." Mr. Schue answered, as Lexi frowned. "Any of it."

"Let's just admit that Sue is everywhere. Wherever we go, she goes, and whatever we do, she manages to get her hands on whatever we're accomplishing. And in a flash, she ruins it..." Lexi mumbled, looking up from her notebook.

"This is saltwater taffy." Mr. Schue continued, as he turned to look at the boxes that sat full of small packages of candy. He held it up, and Lexi could tell they were full to the brim.

"I love saltwater." Brittany whispered amused, as Lexi chuckled.

"When I was a student here, we paid for our entire trip to nationals selling this classroom to classroom, door to door." Mr. Schue explained, as he threw some of the taffy in the air. Brittany raised her hands trying to get the teacher to throw some her way. "We pushed this stuff like crack. And so will we. So to make $5,000 at 25 cents a piece we need to sell 20,000 pieces of taffy."

"The equation's written wrong." Lexi pointed out.

"Wait. Do you honestly think that we can sell 20,000 anythings'?" Santana asked, ignoring Lexi's comment. "We won regionals for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the planet and I still get a freakin' cherry ICE facial."

"Yeah, Santana's right. Nobody cares about us." Quinn nodded in agreement.

Rolling his eyes, Mike stood up. "I can't listen to this."

"Mike, are you okay?" Mr. Schue asked with a frown.

"No." Mike shook his head. "You guys complain all the time about being mistreated but you have no idea what it's like to work your butt off for something, and have everyone, even your friends, ignore you."

"I'm so trying to remember his name right now." Lauren whispered to Puck, as Lexi rolled her eyes.

"Artie, Lexi, Tina, Brittany and I are on the Brainiacs." Mike said, as the group gathered around him.

"Isn't that the Academic Decathlon team?" Rachel asked.

"We have one of those?" Finn asked, his mouth full of taffy.