Silly Love Songs

SILLY LOVE SONGS
•••••
Valentine's Day had arrived, and Lexi was sure she couldn't roll her eyes more than she already had. She was barely in the mood...she spent the weekend lazing in her bedroom, working on homework, and crying to rom-com movies.

She knew she had to watch all the people she didn't know...and her friends be all sappy with each other. It was those laughs couples shared, the happiness they exuded...the smiles and the kisses and hugs. Believe her when she knew there was so much more to love than what you saw in movies and television, and in real life. However, she didn't know what it genuinely felt like to be in a relationship, and she felt left out.

"I could barf right now." Lexi muttered, as she sat by Mercedes with her arms folded.

"I'm with you on that." Merccedes replied, as the two girls watched the couples in the room. They were literally all over each other.

"Need I say it...I hate Valentine's Day." Lexi groaned. "I mean, I'm a bitch, sure, but like, I should have someone. Hell, you should too!"

"I get you girl." Mercedes laughed.

"I can positively state that Mr. Schue is going to theme class this week under the Valentine's Day category. Talk about long suffering singles in here."

"We can throw a pity party all we want, but I guess we'll try to remain happy." Mercedes shrugged, as they turned their attention to Mr. Schue.

"Alright guys, I have one word for you." He said, as he wrote love on the white board.

"Called it." Lexi commented, as Mercedes hummed in response.

"Brittany." Mr. Schue said, as the girl raised her hand.

"Is it love?" Brittany asked with a small smile

"Is it love?" Brittany asked with a small smile. "I'm totally gonna graduate now!"

"Valentine's Day is comin' up, so for this week's lesson I want you guys to pick a partner because you're gonna sing to them what you think is the world's greatest love song." He said, as everyone cheered, except for Lexi and Mercedes who were wallowing in self-pity. "Find a song that communicates all the things that love means to you. Now, partner up."

"I might serenade you with a cheesy ballad." Lexi teased Mercedes. "Unless Santana gets to me first. She's still determined to make Britt jealous."

"That's not a bad idea...I dig it." Mercedes chuckled.

"Mr. Schue?" Finn spoke up. "Can I say something?"

The teacher nodded, giving him the floor, as Finn walked to stand in the middle of the room. "I just wanted to point out that, for the first time an entire week has gone by without any one of us getting slushied."

Everyone clapped and cheered, as Finn nodded, clearly not finished with his announcement. "I think the fact that I led the football team to a conference championship might have something to do with it. Fact is that I'm the closest thing that this Glee Club has to a celebrity right now."