Glease

4x6 ~ GLEASE ~
••••••
"All right, guys, listen up. I have an announcement to make." Mr. Schue said, as the group turned their attention to him.

"Adele is dead." Brittany commented, as Lexi raised her eyebrow.

"No. I have been asked to join a blue ribbon panel to rewrite the arts curriculum nationwide." Mr. Schue answered.

"Wow! Congratulations." Sam called out, as everyone nodded in agreement, before clapping and cheering for their teacher.

"Thank you." Mr. Schue nodded. "I'll be taking a short sabbatical, which means I'm leaving McKinley at the end of the week."

"What? That's crazy!" Tina exclaimed, shocked.

"But Glee Club is your life." Artie protested.

"Which is why this is only temporary. I'll be back right after Sectionals." He assured them.

"So you're saying that you're going to miss our Sectionals competition?" Lexi asked, as all of the New Directions began to get their points and complaints across. She swore that the volume level increased by one hundred percent.

"Guys, guys, calm down." Mr. Schue interjected. "Look, I knew I needed to find a replacement, which is why I brought in Finn Hudson."

"Mr. Schue, Finn cannot take over Glee Club!" Tina shook her head in disapproval. "He doesn't know what he's doing at all. Sorry, Finn." She apologized.

"He's been our group leader before, Tina. I think he's more than capable of handling our family for a few weeks." Lexi spat.

"Guys, I know I can do this. And I've got some really great ideas for Sectionals." Finn insisted.

"We'll all be dead by then! Finn doesn't know how to direct a musical!" Tina continued to protest.

"Oh god." Lexi shook her head, as Sam chuckled, bringing her into his arms. "You know, I'm telling you, the kids never stop complaining." She joked.

"You have a point, babe." Sam sighed, an idea popping into his head. "You're the one who's currently in control...so go do your job." He joked in return. Apparently, Lexi thought he was giving literal instructions, because she stood up, and walked to the middle of the room.

"Hey! Hey! Guys! Listen!" She yelled, as Sam whacked the drums to gain the group's indirect attention. They succeeded, because the group turned to them, and immediately, the room went silent.

"Yeah, listen to your mom, kids." Sam commented, as Lexi sent him a smile, before she regained her bitchy expression, and turned to the group.

"I do not want to hear anymore bullcrap or arguments regarding Finn taking over Glee Club, while Mr. Schue is away on his sabbatical. For those of you who forgot, or don't know, let me talk about Finn for a minute. He is a natural born leader, he's gifted, he's kooky, understanding, has some anger issues that he copes with by kicking chairs, but to sum it up, we love him, and we trust him. Think about it for a minute, won't you? Mr. Schue wouldn't have granted him the position if he wasn't fit for the job, huh?" She asked, as everyone nodded. "Mr. Schue gave him his trust, and instructions on what to do, and what not to do. We have to trust that Finn is going to take care of all of us, and lead us to Sectionals. For now, I want us to respect him and treat him like a teacher. I want you all on your best behavior, and to cut him so slack. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yes mom." The group answered simultaneously, although sarcasm was evident in their voice.

"Those are my kids. I love them, and sometimes I want to squeeze them to death." She whispered to Sam, who rolled his eyes playfully, before he leaned down, capturing her lips in his. The group gasped when Sam dipped her over.