Glee, Actually

4x10 ~ GLEE, ACTUALLY ~
•••••••
"Sam and Lexi! Just the couple I was looking for." Brittany smiled, as she approached the couple who stood talking by Lexi's locker.

"What happened to our ship name?" Sam frowned.

"We don't have a proper one, because I thought I had one..." Lexi replied. "And then I realized Slexi was a ship name on Grey's Anatomy." She muttered, as Sam chuckled.

"I mean, it works." Sam shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm aware that it does, but I really don't want to steal the ship name." Lexi sighed, before turning to Brittany. "What's up, Britt?"

"Here are tickets for a summer's trip to England." Brittany said, practically shoving the tickets into their hands.

"Oh, uh...wow." Sam stammered, as him and Lexi exchanged confused glances.

"What the heck are you doing, Britt? Where did you manage to find the money?" Lexi asked, a little concerned.

"Hum, well, last week, Lord Tubbington and I were watching a documentary about the Mayan Apocalypse. I learned that it arrives December 21, 2012. I decided to cash in all my savings so I, my family, and my friends could live our lives to our fullest, in the final days that we have. Merry Christmas1" She cheered, before running off to the next group of people.

"Britt! Wait!" Lexi called after the girl, who didn't hear her, and continued her rounds down the hallway. At that, Lexi sighed, shaking her head, as she turned to look up at Sam.

"Is Brittany right?" Sam asked hesitantly, as Lexi chuckled.

"Oh baby, this isn't real. It's one of Brittany's supernatural beliefs. Here's the deal. We're going to be the kind people we are, and play along with ehr theory. It's the best gift we could give her this year." Lexi explained, as Sam nodded. "How does that sound? Is it a deal?"

"Deal." Sam smiled, as Lexi giggled, wrapping her arms through his, as they made their way down the hallway to their next class.
---------
Lexi had managed to catch Brittany after science club that day. Why was Brittany in her science club? She couldn't explain why. That didn't matter at the moment, at least in Lexi's mind.

"So, Britt, tell me more about the Mayan Apocalypse." Lexi smiled, as Brittany nodded, pulling out graphs, charts, and historical facts from the drawers in the corner of the room.

"Of course, I have everything right here." Brittany smiled softly.

"Wait, did you stuff all your research in my science cabinet?" Lexi frowned, as Brittany just shrugged at the girl, before setting everything up.

"So, listen..." Brittany began, as Lexi shook her head, encouraging her friend to continue. "The documentary said 2012 is the year that Kim II-Sung, founder of North Korea, would've turned 100. Divide 100 by ten, the percentage of Americans that believe the world will end on the 21st of December, and you get ten...Mexico's rank in the world as a tourist destination, whose president expects the Mayan Apocalypse to attract 52 million people to his country. It's all right there. All anyone has to do is look at the numbers."

Lexi's eyes widened on all the meticulous detail and research Brittany had done. For someone who usually wasn't the brightest of the group, this was impressive - even if the whole thing wasn't a reality.

"Wow, Britt, I'm impressed." Lexi smiled, playing along. "I was not expecting this concrete and expansive breakdown of the topic."She added.

"And we need to purify ourselves for the last day of b'ak'tun, the 144,000-day cycle of the Mayan Calendar." Brittany continued.

"Okay, how are we going to accomplish that step?" Lexi asked, folding her arms.

"We need to tell everyone we know how we really feel about them." Brittany answered. "Oh, and by the way, you and Sam are going to do me a favor." She winked, before skipping out of the room to find Sam.

"What the hell?" Lexi frowned, as she shook the thought off, and proceeded to clean up all of Brittany's research, knowing very well that none of it was real. Although, she was confused about the favor that Brittany requested from her and Sam. It couldn't be too insane, right?
---------
"Hey, Sam!" Brittany called, as she skipped up to him, while he stood by his locker. "Do you have a minute?"

"Uh..." He stammered, as she interrupted again, bursting with her Christmas excitement.

"You do? Great." She smiled. "I have a favor to ask since the Mayan Apocalypse is fastly upon us." She continued.

"Mhm." Sam hummed in response. He was well aware of the two nights of the apocalypse discussion with Lexi that the whole thing wasn't real. However, they'd made a deal to play along with Brittany, and do what they were asked, so what could be so wrong with that? Besides, him and Lexi both knew that Brittany's intellect was vastly limited, and that her usual mood increased with every passing Christmas. He noted that this year, it was different. Sam decided not to fixate on that, and snapped out of his thoughts, before turning back to Brittany.

"What favor do you need?"

"Since the world is ending, I'm telling people how I really feel about them." She explained, as he nodded. "But, for you and Lexi, I wanted you guys to end on a truly happy note. I want to see my wishes come true, so my number one wish is for you to propose to Lexi, and tie the knot."

Sam's eyes widened, and if Lexi was there, she would've commented that they had the same reaction. He took a minute to process all the information Brittany had thrown at him.

"Wow, okay." He finally answered, as she awaited his answer.

"So, what do you say, Sam?"

"I'll propose to Lexi, and we will get married. Your wish is granted." Sam smiled.

"I'm so happy." Brittany chuckled, clapping excitedly.
---------