"Why Can't I?"

Hey everyone! This is my first Macgyver Imagine. I don't know if anyone is gonna read these but I was inspired by 99girl000 to do these. You should go follow her, she bases Imagines on songs and I got the idea to do the same. I give full credit to her! Now enjoy!
Song: 'Why Can't I?' By Liz Phair

                            ......

As your getting your jog in, the crisp winter air burns the tears that are escaping your brown orbs. Why? Why him? Why can't you be happy with who your currently with? Why is he the one always on your mind instead of your actual significant other? The confusion fuels your need to run even faster. Your legs begin to burn, as your breath rapids in your increase of speed. You don't even process which direction your running in, your heart taking over all logic from your mind. It isn't until your standing at the bottom of a driveway, leading up a familiar hill. The hill that leads to a house, his house. You try to swallow down the lump forming in the back of your throat but it does no good.

Soon there you are, standing in front of those wooden oak double doors, as you reach for the doorbell. You hear the familiar ding ring throughout inside as you wait for a answer, your mind flashes back to that time when your whole world turned on it's axis.

......

*Flashback, 6 months ago*

You find yourself deep in some sketchy business with a money laundering outfit, you couldn't even fathom how you got in the situation to begin with. One minute your just doing you every day boring job as a computer analyst, the next your accidentally stumbling on the company's records. Finding proof that your boss was laundering money through a hidden account off of the companys main system. Of course, you being you, just happen to stumble upon it.

Now here you are, tied up to a chair with some rope as you watch these people come out of nowhere surrounding the guys who took you. A woman that looks to be your age, with a middle aged man in sunglasses, the two began to take down those men that had guns previously pointed at you. Then another guy, your age, with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes came running up to you. "Hey y/n, we're here to save you. My name is Angus, Angus Macgyver but you can call me Mac." You watched as he pulled a Swiss army knife out of his leather jacket pocket, to pull out a blade, so he could cut the thick rope.

After that rescue you two became friends, friends that would talk everyday, and soon your found yourself gravitating towards him on a deeper level, a romantic level. This was wrong, you were with someone, he was with someone. You knew he felt it too, you knew he did because just two days ago he kissed you on what was suppose to be an innocent jog together.

.......
*End of Flashback*

It didn't take long before he answered the door, his facial features were soft as he took in your appearance, thinking in his head how you still managed to look beyond beautiful. He didn't get a chance to say anything before you waltzed past him to go inside his home "We need to talk, this needs to stop. Whatever this is, I can't keep doing this to Ryan. That kiss, it never should've happened." You said, still trying to catch your breath.

Mac frowned as he slowly closed the door, listening to your words "Y/n I know your upset, I am too, I never planned for this to happen. It's not that I want to do this to Desi either. I love her, but I'm starting to fall for you too, I won't apologize for that kiss. I don't regret that kiss, even if it means that we've both hurt our loved ones. I can't get you off my mind." He slowly began to approach you, with a hunger in his eyes, yearning to touch you again. He enclosed the space between you two, as he placed his hands firmly on your hips. "These last few months of knowing you, have been the best times of my life. Honestly, I'm mad at myself that it took me as long as it did to kiss you in the first place. Especially when I've thought about doing it for months now. I tried to fight it, but two days ago when we went on that jog something changed. You beat me at that race, and when I saw that smile on your face I lost all my willpower. So I kissed you, and it was amazing. I also want to do it again, and I think I will."

In an instant his lips were pressed firmly against yours, knocking you slightly off your balance. His grip just tightened to keep you from falling. As you wrapped your arms around his neck with the same firm grip he had on your waist. The kiss grew stronger as Mac pushed you up against the wall as you let out a small moan, feeling your whole body grow hot. Pulling away to catch your breath, you felt Mac lightly press his forehead against yours. "I should go, I shouldn't be here. This is so wrong." Mac shook his head as he kept you in his arms "Don't go. Look, I know we shouldn't be doing this but I'll end it. It'll be hard for Desi but I want you. I want to be with you and I know you want to be with me too. Just leave Ryan, be with me."

You took a moment to process his words, as they sunk in you took a second before whispering "Ok." Then just like that your lips engulfed his once again and you knew that things were never going to be the same again. You saw a different future for yourself, with a new and different man in your life.

"Holding hands with you when we're out at night
Got a girlfriend, you say it isn't right
And I've got someone waiting too"

"Why can't I breathe
Whenever I think about you?
Why can't I speak
Whenever I talk about you?
It's inevitable
It's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you?"