Day 7 : Picture with Santa

"I can't do this anymore Y/n!" Your friend Mac whined as the two of you made your way throughout the mall while trying to get some Christmas shopping done.

Laughing at his behavior you just shook your head "It's only been half an hour Mac jeez." 

"Well it's felt like hours, this is why guys don't go shopping." Mac stated as he stopped to take a seat on the bench.

"You sure are fussing a lot over something as simple as shopping when we both dodge bullets for a living." You teased as you sat next to him on the bench.

"Bullets I can handle, trying to find the perfect gift for everyone? Impossible." Mac sighed as he threw back his head.

"Come on now, you've got some of the team already done. You said you got Jack that Johnny Cash signed cassette tape. Riley those combat boots she's been wanting and then there's Boze which was what again?" 

Mac smiled over at you proudly "A new camera so he can start back up his film making. I know he misses it, I thought he could still do it on the side." 

"See?! You're not so bad at this, the only person left is Matty and you are only overthinking  it because it's Matty." You laughed.

"It's honestly not Matty, I uh already got her something. It's a fancy bottle of wine that I have already forgotten the name of but she's been trying to track it down for years." He smiled.

Now you were even more confused "So then why are we here Mac?" 

Mac got suddenly very nervous, then acting like he didn't want to say but eventually he sighed and said "You. I'm here for you. Obviously, I was not going to buy whatever it is in front of you, I wanted to come back. I was trying to cheat I guess, I was hoping that if we walked around long enough you'd see something you wanted and reacted to it. Then I would know that's the present I'd get you. I know you, and I know how awesome you are at gift giving. It's always something so thoughtful and amazing. I didn't want to be blown away by whatever you got me and you be disappointed by some lame gift I got you." 

You sat there speechless not knowing what to say "Mac I- I would love anything you gave me because it came from you."

Mac sighed "I know but I just, you've been on the team for almost a year now. I don't know enough of your likes and interests to get you something at all. I don't even know where to start, we never have time to just talk about random stuff because we are always busy saving the world and all that. I do not want to just get you something generic like a blanket or something." 

You could not help but smile at how silly he was being "How about you take a breath and relax, stop stressing." Standing up you grabbed his hand and pulled him up before dragging him away.

Mac laughing as he followed behind you "Where are we going?" 

"You said you don't know what to get me so we are fixing this right now." You replied still smiling as you excused yourself through the crowds of people when suddenly you stopped.

Mac raised an eyebrow at you, even more confused, that's when he noticed where you guys were. In a line full of people all waiting to get their picture taken with Santa "Y/n are you serious right now, this is for kids." 

"There's some adults up ahead with no kids with them so we are not the only ones." You turned to face him with a smile on your face "I want to do this with you, that can be your present to me. You are my friend, and I want you to be here for a very special moment in my life. Something younger me never got to do as a child. I was not raised in a happy home Mac, I didn't have the parents that would leave a dollar under your pillow pretending to be the Tooth Fairy. No one tucked me in at night and read me a bedtime story. None of the stuff normal kids get to do, including having their picture taken with the big guy. I've always wanted to, just to heal a small part of the child in me, but I never wanted to do it alone. Now I don't have to."

Mac just stood there, digesting everything you had laid out for him and one thing he knew for sure was that he could not say no to you. "Well then, I guess we are getting our picture taken with Santa."

You beamed up at him with the biggest smile on your face "Thank you Mac."

                                                                                          ***

After a few minutes of waiting, and dealing with the loud commotion of children around you, you guys were next. 

"Hey there Santa!" You smiled before sitting on his knee while Mac sat on the other.

"Oh! Ho Ho Ho! Two very big kids I see!" He laughed, as the two adults sat on his knees.

"This won't take long I promise just wanted  a picture!" You smiled.

So then a woman around middle age who was dressed like an elf came up to the camera and said "Say Sleigh Bells." While rolling her eyes and chomping away at her gum like a cow, she was probably told she had to say that.

"Sleigh Bells!" You and Mac said at the same time before posing for the picture.

"Now before you go, what would you like for Santa to bring you for Christmas this year!" Playing along as if you really believed in Santa like a kid would.

Then you just smiled at Mac before whispering in Santa's and then pulling away.

"Oh how interesting, what about you son?" He said turning to Mac.

Then Mac just sent you the same type of smile before whispering in his ear too.

"Even more interesting, Santa thinks maybe you two should have a little talk after this." 

The two of you left confused by what he meant by that, and there was an awkward silence as you held the picture in your hand, walking back to Mac's truck.

Once the two of you were inside you were the first to speak up "So what did you ask Santa for?"

Mac just smiled awkwardly "Uh I could ask you the same thing ya know. What if we said it at the same time?" 

"Sounds fair." You nodded, setting the picture down on the dash. "Count of three?"

Mac nodded, both of you turning in your seat to face the other.

"1, 2, 3.....You." You both said at the same time.

Both of you shocked as you stared at the other, before you finally spoke up. "What?"

"I asked for you, to be with you as more than a friend." Mac smiled.

You sat there, on the verge of tears while nodding your head "I asked for the same thing."

Mac let out a sigh of relief "God that's so...I mean I- I've held it in for so long I didn't know if you-." Not able to finish his sentence.

You leaned over the console in between the both of you and took his hand in yours "I do." Knowing what he was trying to say "I've wanted it too, wanted you."

Mac just shook his hand with a dumbfounded smile on his face, not fully convinced this was happening. Then he was leaning over that same console and taking your lips into his.

Returning the kiss you couldn't help the smile on your lips as you kissed back with everything you had.

After about a minute you both pulled apart to take in each other, just staring at the other with loving eyes before Mac finally broke the silence "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked you.

"Yes!" You said loudly, practically shouting  which made Mac laugh. You giggled before crawling over the console, so that you can push him back against his seat and straddle his lap. "I think we need more practice at the kissing part though, since it's so new and all." You shrugged with an innocent look on your face.

Mac just laughed but nodded along "I totally agree." He smirked as he pulled you in for another passionate kiss before whispering against your lips "Merry Christmas Y/n."

"Merry Christmas Mac." You replied before going right back to attacking his lips.

For the next twenty minutes you both just stayed in his care, kissing and laughing. Having Santa to thank for the two of you finally getting together.