Just Neighbors?

The crisp fresh autumn air filled your nose, as the sound of crushing leaves beneath your feet rang through your ears at each step you took. You had moved to this quiet LA neighborhood just a few months ago and were still trying to get acclimated to the new environment. Your job had offered you a position in the city and you were looking for a change in your life. You began to grow tired of living in the Midwest and wanted a new adventure.

Currently walking your dog Buster through the neighborhood you waved to fellow neighbors who happened to be outside while you passed each of their homes. As you were getting ready to turn back Buster took you off guard, when he suddenly lunged himself and his leash out of your grip.

Then just like that he was charging full speed at a familiar face. You let out a sigh of relief as you jogged your way over to the pair. You watched your fellow neighbor Mac, knelt down and petting your dog "I see Buster here got away from you."

You smiled, feeling a slight blush on your cheeks "Uh yeah well, he really loves you." You watched as Mac stood up and handed you back the leash while never breaking eye contact. You had to admit that when you first met Mac a little after moving to the neighborhood you got a little flustered everytime you saw him. Looking at him now, all sweaty, wearing his tight MIT shirt, you could tell he had just gotten back from a run.

Pushing aside the inappropriate thoughts that filled your head you quickly composed yourself "Well thank you for giving some love to Buster here but we should be heading back now. I'll see you around though."

"Hey wait! Before you go I was actually hoping to run into you. It's Bozers birthday tomorrow and we're having a party at our place. We'd love it if you'd come by. Maybe even meet my friends from work?" He smiled hopeful at you, awaiting an answer.

"I wouldn't want to intrude." You whispered, suddenly very self conscious.

Mac just shook his head "Are you kidding? Me and Boze have been wanting to get to know you better. Your the only other person our age in this neighborhood, come on, please." He said, with pleading eyes.

You couldn't resist those gorgeous baby blues of his so finally you broke down and said yes. Mac very happily did a fist pump in the air, causing a light laugh from you. Then you both went your separate ways and you were both excited and nervous for the evening to come.

***

The night came of the party, and you had spent way too long trying to come up with an outfit to wear. You wanted to not be dressier than everyone else, since you didn't know how they'd be dressed, but you also wanted a little number that would have Macs undivided attention.

Of course, in doing so you were now late and you were sure you were the last to arrive. You stood there after ringing the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer it and before you knew it Bozer was standing in front of you. "Hey! Y/n you made it!"

"I'm sorry I'm late Bozer." You apologized but he just brushed it off, telling you not to sweat it as he hobbled backwards a little. You let out a small smirk when you realized that Bozer might be a little wasted.

"Bozer, are you already drunk?" You asked, while closing the door behind you.

"Nooooo....." He slurred, as that one word dragged out for about ten seconds.

You were just about to try to convince Bozer to sit down when you saw Mac coming towards the foyer to greet you, with that gorgeous smile of his.

"Y/n! Your here! I see you've met drunky over here. I heard the doorbell but he beat me to it." He chuckled before watching Bozer stumble off.