Happy Memorial Day

Hey guys! I thought since it was Memorial Day, and I am stuck at work bored out of my mind I'd do some writing. Thank you for all of those who have proudly served our country. I appreciate all that you have done for the freedom of all of us. Enjoy :)

                                                                                            ***

Memorial Day was a holiday that a lot of people took for granted, forgetting the true meaning behind it. Some just used it as an excuse to get drunk, or as a way to get a three-day weekend off from work. Despite what it was truly meant for which was to honor those who have proudly served our country to fight for our right for freedom. Since Mac, and Jack had both served in the army the team decided to have a cookout at Mac's place as a celebratory day for both of them.

Mac was currently outside getting the grill ready, while he did all the work cleaning it, Jack was sipping on a cold beer just watching. "Don't worry Jack, I don't need any help or anything."

Jack huffed in offense "Hey I'm supervising, it's a very important job ya know." 

Just as he said that you were coming outside from inside the house, a plate of burgers in one hand a plate of hot dogs in the other "Sure Jack, standing there watching my boyfriend do all the work is very strenuous, I'm sure." 

You set the plates down beside Mac on the table attachment of the grill before giving Mac a peck on the cheek "Here ya go babe." 

Mac smiled over at you as he shot you a wink while Jack groaned "Ok that's not fair, you two are gaining up on me just cause you're a couple it's so not cool at all." 

Matty and the rest of the team then sauntered out onto the deck hearing the last of Jack's sentence. "It's not just two against one I'm afraid Jack." Matty replied.

"You don't even know what it was about!" Jack then stopped his foot like a toddler having a tantrum. 

"Knowing you Jack, we don't have to know." Riley smirked before walking over to give you a hug. 

Then Jack huffed and mumbled a whatever, before chugging down the rest of his beer.

                                                                                               ***

As the rest of the day went on, everyone had finished their food and day turned into night. With everyone huddled around Mac's firepit sipping on their beers. With different conversations intertwining in the air, you suddenly stood up holding up your beer in the air. "I would like to make a toast!" 

With everyone's eyes on you, they all held up their beer bottles in unison as they are waiting for what you had to say. "I just want to take the time to appreciate what today is really about, honoring those who have served and sacrificed their lives for us all to live safe in this country. Also, to our two fellow veterans among us tonight. Mac and Jack, thank you for all that you did for our country. To Mac and Jack!" You cheered holding your beer up higher. 

Then everyone chanted at once "To Mac and Jack!" Before taking a sip of their beers.

As you sat back down you saw Mac smiling at you "That was pretty sweet of you, thank you baby."

"No thank you, for all that you did, I know you don't think it's a big deal, but it is. So again, thank you for your service." Then you leaned in to press a soft and gentle kiss to his lips.

When the two of you pulled away you looked over at Jack who was pouting like a baby "Hey! I served too! Where's my kiss?" 

Just as you were about to come back with some smart response everyone watched as Bozer, who sat next to him, turned his head and planted a big ol' wet one right on Jack's cheek. "There!" Bozer laughed in amusement.

Everyone erupted in a fit of laughter, well everyone except Jack. With the hand that wasn't holding his beer he wiped his cheek in disgust "Come on man! That's not what I meant! Ugh! Now I have Bozer cuties!" 

You were doubled over in laughter as you held your stomach, while Mac tried to keep you from falling off of your chair. "Damn Jack, don't kill my girl, I'm pretty attached to this one." 

Once everyone had calmed down, including yourself, they all agreed to call it a night. When everyone left you and Mac started to clean up. Luckily everyone ate on paper plates, so the cleanup process wasn't all that bad. 

Before long you were both nestled in Mac's bed as he held you in his arms "Today was a good day, it was a great idea to have the cookout." Mac whispered into your hair as your head rested against his chest.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, you deserved it. I know in our line of work we don't get a whole lot of relaxed days. I wanted that so bad for you today, especially with all you do on these missions making your fancy little gadgets." You smiled into his chest at the end of your sentence.

Mac chuckled as he rubbed soft circles on your back "Thanks babe. You were successful for sure; I am definitely relaxed."

You looked up at him with a sinister smile on your lips as your hand wandered further down his body "I bet I could make you even more relaxed." Then your hand was suddenly rubbing him gently through the fabric of his sweatpants.

Mac's breath hitched in his throat as a groan stifled out of his mouth "Mm baby, you are spoiling me today."

You giggled as you lifted your head up so you could kiss gently at his neck "Want me to stop?" You whispered seductively in his ear.

"Hell no." Mac said right before rolling you onto your back very abruptly which caused you to break out into giggles.

As the two of you made love, you were so thankful that Mac was one of the fortunate ones to make it back home. If not, then you would have missed out on getting to know this amazing man as well as missing out on getting to fall in love with him. You never wanted to take Mac for granted and you vowed in that moment you never would.