Day 12 : LA after Christmas

Here's the final part! I hope you guys enjoyed my 12 days of Christmas! Maybe next year I will do this on my Lucas Till imagines. Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones!

                                                                                       ***

                                                                              *Macs POV*

"Come on Mac, get off the couch man." Bozer said as he tried to pull on my arm to get me up. "It's been two weeks since we got back, you have got to get out of this funk my dude!" 

I groaned while yanking my arm away "No." Then turning on my side so my back faced him.

I heard Bozer sigh before sitting on the arm of the couch "Look man, I know your bummed about how things went down between you and y/n but you cannot live like this."

I had my face pressed into the back cushion of the couch "I love her." I said, muffled against the couch.

"God, ok look I should not do what I am about to do but-" He stopped, clearly torn about what he was about to do.

I sat up as fast as I could, facing him now as I sat back on my haunches "You've seen her since we've been back haven't you?!"

"Yes but I swore to her I would not tell you where she lived or worked. I am a man of my word but-." He stopped again, damnit I wish he would stop doing that shit.

"But what Boze?!" I yelled, now on the verge of losing it.

"Technically she did not say anything about the coffee shop she likes to go to. The Coffee Bean, over on Sunset. Maybe someone could just happen to be there at the same time as her when she goes there every Sunday for a quiet place to read and enjoy her usual coffee." He said, making sure to look away from me, maybe to ease the guilt. 

"Boze! Today is Sunday!" I got up from the couch as I frantically looked around for my shoes "What time is she usually there?!" Already tying the shoe laces of my sneakers.

"She should be there right now." He said in a calm tone, looking down at the ground but then shooting his head up quick in my direction "Hey man don't rat me out okay! I love Y/n but I do not want to piss her off, she can be kind of scary sometimes. I do not want to be on her bad side ok!"

"I promise I won't mention you at all ok, now I've gotta go!" I said before practically running out of my house. Not sure of what I was going to say if I even got the chance to see her.

                                                                                              *** 

When I got to the coffee shop, I tried to make it seem like I was really just there to get a coffee. The last thing I wanted was to bust through that door and immediately look like I was looking for someone particular. So I just casually walked in and went to get in line, while my eyes casually looked around the shop. Then they suddenly stopped when they found her, sitting in the corner in a booth with a book in her hand. When she looked up from her book to take a sip of her coffee her eyes were suddenly on mine. I watched her eyebrows furrow together in either rage or confusion it was hard to tell. 

Suddenly she was grabbing her coffee and standing up, flinging her purse over her shoulder while trying to shove her book inside. She was leaving, and I was getting ready to miss my chance. Forgetting all about waiting in line I ran over to her side of the shop "Y/n wait please."

She ignored me though, and was soon sprinting out the door. Then I was right back to following her to her car just like I had two weeks ago "Y/n!" 

Taking me by surprise she abruptly turned around to scowl at me "What part of stay away from me did not not get from the last time we spoke!"

"Y/n I just came for some coffee I swear I did not know you'd be here!" I lied, and felt bad doing it.

"Oh please! Running into each other back home by chance is one thing, we both know how small Mission city is, but LA?! There's what, hundreds of coffee shops and you just HAPPEN to show up at mine?! I'm going to kill Boze." She yelled, throwing her purse into her car once it was unlocked.

"You're right, ok, but don't be mad at Boze please. He took pity on me, I haven't gotten up off the couch except for work." I made sure to not go into any specifics of my job, but if I wasn't on a mission I was on my couch so I technically did not lie.

"Mac I already told you I-" She started but I was quick to cut her off.

"I know and I'm not even asking you to take me back but what I want to ask you is to be my friend. We can start all over, pretend like we don't even know each other if that's what you want. The first few times we hang out Boze can be there too so that we aren't alone together. I miss you, I miss my friend. Please, come over to my place tonight, I'll have Bozer send you the address since I don't have your number, and I don't want you to just give it to me, I want to earn it. I want to earn your trust and friendship back. Some coworkers of mine will be there as well, I'm sure Bozer has already talked about them. We are all just going to order a pizza and have some beers, casual. " I could see the wheels spinning in her head, thinking if this was a good idea.

"If I do come over, I won't talk to you that much." She whispered warning me.

"That's ok. You don't have to in less you want to. Like I said before we could re-get to know each other from the beginning. You talk to me if and when you want to." I said, trying to give her some kind of reassurance. 

Letting out a quiet sigh she nodded "Ok, but only for a couple of hours. Have Boze text me the address." Then she got in her car and drove off, leaving me there smiling like an idiot.

I just might have a chance.

                                                                                       ***

Later that night me, Boze, Riley, Matty & even Y/n were all seated around my loving room. 

"I cannot believe your tree is still up Mac, that's very unlike you." Riley said as she took down some more ornaments off of the tree.

I just smiled weakly "I've just been a little distracted." Looking over at Y/n she was biting her lip while looking down at her lap.

When Y/n first got here she hit it off right away with everyone, they all welcomed her just like I knew they would. While I tried to keep my distance so that I didn't overwhelm her. "I'm gonna get another beer." I said, standing up as I excused myself. 

I know I was the one who had invited her but it was a lot on me, seeing her again after that night. Having to hear her say how much I hurt her felt like a punch to the gut. I opened up another beer and stared out my kitchen window, trying to take slow steady breaths.

"Mac." I heard a soft voice whisper next to me, and I knew who it was right away. 

Turning to face her, she smiled at me softly before looking down at the floor "I don't want you to feel like I am still punishing you. I meant what I said when I forgave you, and I see how hurt you are. You don't need to be so hard on yourself and honestly you don't need that from me either. I was being selfish asking you to stay for just me back then. You went to serve your country and that's an honorable act. So I want us to move forward, past all of the mess and like you said be friends." 

I couldn't help but let out the breath I had been holding "Really? Friends? Are you sure?" I asked sounding hopeful.

She nodded with a little more of the old smile I use to see on her, the care free one. "Yes. Who knows, maybe one day we can get back to being more than just friends but baby steps first."

I smiled, a huge grin, setting my beer down. I went to give her a hug but hesitated at first, then she gave me a reassuring nod that it was ok. So I took her in my arms and tried my best not to squeeze her too hard "I missed you." I whispered in her ear.

"I missed you too." She whispered back in mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Maybe the new year would be even better than I had imagined.

                                                                                     ***

I know it was not very Christmas themed, along with the last two not being very Christmas but I hoped it was still good. Again Merry Christmas :)