Sample Sabotage

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Things are crazy atm, between my living arrangements and starting new jobs, and my mental health it's alot haha. I missed writing though and receiving all the love from you guys.

This one is requested by luolis15, she wanted a plot based off of the song "Heather" By Conan Gray. I obviously had to do it just cause of the title alone lol. So here it is ❤

***

Awful, Nauseous, Numb, Anguish.

That's what you would say if someone were to ask how it made you feel to watch the man you love with another woman. However, no one does ask you because no one knows your secret.

You were in love with Angus Macgyver, while he was in love with Nikki Carpenter.

Nikki was Mac's girl, she was the teams hacker for OPs. Meanwhile, all you did was work in the lab. The most boring job there was in the Phoenix. You were into Mac long before Nikki showed up, part of you kicked yourself everyday since she joined for not telling him how you felt. Maybe, just maybe, if you had spoken up about your feelings he might have been interested.

You were upstairs talking to another coworker, when you saw Mac and Jack strutting into the Phoenix after another successful mission. Then you also watched as Nikki ran out of the war room and into her boyfriend's arm. Right before giving him a big ol welcome home kiss. You frowned as you watched them together, knowing that would never be you.

Not being able to watch this any longer, you politely excused yourself from your coworker and headed back down to the lab. You had been working on something for Matty and were a tad behind, due to all the daydreaming.

As you were peeling through the microscope you suddenly jumped, at the loud clapping that had entered the room. When you looked up you saw Mac entering the room, still clapping.

Once he finally stopped he took a seat next to you "Y/n?! Your a genius! Matty told you us that you were the one that came up with that formula to get me and Jack out of our little situation. I mean, I didn't even think of that! And I love chemistry!"

You couldn't help but blush, as your modesty started to kick in "It was nothing Mac really, I was just nearby the war room and Matty asked for some assistance. You probably just missed it because you were distracted, ya know with the whole bullets flying towards you thing." You smiled awkwardly.

Mac smiled, that charming sexy smile that made your knees go weak "You don't give yourself enough credit. Y/n you deserve more recognition for what you do around here. I truly mean that, you got us home alive and I will be forever grateful to you for that." He said, then patted your knee with his hand, that send a chill up your spine.

"Thank you Mac." You whispered softly, as you fiddled with the end of the glass slide that was inserted into the microscope.

Macs eyes followed yours and grew intrigued immediately "What are you working on?"

"Oh uh, it's nothing really. Just a Matty assignment, nothing too exciting.  She just had some concerns that the samples you guys brought back from the last mission may have been tampered with. So she wants be to check for anything out of the ordinary. "

Mac raised an eyebrow, as he grew concerned "What that's crazy? I sealed those samples myself, with my own transportation device that I made, out of bamboo and banana leaves might I add. I was the only one besides Jack and Nikki that had access around those samples."