"Fall Into Me"

Song: "Fall Into Me" By: 'Emerson Drive'

Sidenote:  I've always loved this song and wish they had gotten more popular, anyways hope you enjoy!

........

"You say you've turned it off
Hid your heart upon a shelf
Scared of what it might cost
To take it down for someone else
Cause loving him you lost
Too much of yourself
Baby can't you see
That he's not me
And

I need you to know you can fall into me
That my arms are wide open and will always be
Right here waiting, staying strong
Come and fall into me."

Starting new in a brand new city was terrifying for you, you had only known that small town in Kansas your whole life. Growing up there you always felt sheltered and kept off from experiencing the rest of the world. Your parents had a small farm that you help them tend to as a part of your chores. All of your firsts were on that farm, your first broken bone, your first kiss, learning how to ride a horse instead of most kids your age that learned how to ride a bike. Which, if we're being honest here, you still didn't know how to ride a bike. You had something better than a bike, your very own horse named Pepper. Who you'd promise you'd visit whenever you could, talking to a horse may seem crazy to most but you just knew he understood you.

Not all of your firsts were good ones in that town, you also had your first divorce there. The guy that you had dated all throughout high school, that first kiss you mentioned was with him on the back of your daddy's tractor when you were both thirteen. The both of, despite people's objections, got married right out of high school. So it shouldn't have been a shock when it didn't work out, you were both so young. You both wanted different things, and despite what you wanted he wanted you to do whatever he decided to you. Once he become so controlling you saw the red flags. He wanted you to go to the community college in the neighboring town with him, and then start your own business together. He wanted to own his own ranching business but you couldn't see yourself doing that. It was too much like the farming life you grew up with and as much as you loved horses, you had been there done that.

So with you not wanting to do things his way, it put a damper on the marriage for sure. He felt as if you were betraying him, so then he turned to alcohol. To make a long story short that when the just drinking too much beer turned into him putting his hands on you. After weeks of beating you, you refused to let it turn into months. So you filed for divorce. When you went back to live with your parents, you were in a dark place. You vowed then and there to never let a man have such control over you again, so you started taking self defense classes that then turned into shooting lessons at the range.

Fast forward to a year later and here you are in the present, in that big city you talked about before. Your new found talents had earned you a job at this somewhat secret organization called the Phoenix Foundation. You have only been here a few months but you liked it, you had even gained some new friends along the way at your new job. You were cleaning your gun in the auxiliary when your eyes met with a familiar set of blue ones. Macgyver. Although he had insisted you call him Mac, after hearing his first name was Angus you understood why he preferred Mac.

"Hey." He greeted you with that warm smile of his, which always caused your body to react in a way that made you nervous. Trying to seem unphased by his charm you looked back down at your rifle. "Hey." Throughly worked at it as you desperately tried to look busy. Suddenly one of his hands cupped over top of yours, to get you to stop what you were doing. Which was his way of forcing you to look up at him, which you did. Somewhat startled by how close he was now standing in front of you. "We need to talk. Please tell me I'm not the only one that's feeling something here. I know you've only been working here a few months but...I'm, well I...I'm starting to feel things...for you." You couldn't deny to yourself that you had grown feelings for this man, I mean he was so handsome and charming, along with a dozen other amazing qualities but your past was holding you back. Before you could say anything Mac saw the hesitation on your face. "Your never going to admit it are you? All because of your past? Because of him?" He saw your eyebrows furrow in confusion as if they asked "how do you know about that?" Mac just softly smirked "I'm a spy, you don't think I looked into you before you joined the team?" Moving his hands away he took a step back from you, giving you one final glance before leaving the room.

"I'll follow any road
Anywhere to get to you
I'll open up my soul
If that's what you need me to do
Now baby its your move
All you've got to do
Is believe in love, just believe in us
Now..."

Later that evening Macs words ran through your head over and over. You knew it was insane to write off all men because of what one guy put you through, and you knew Mac was nothing like your ex. However, you felt yourself holding back, your body wanted him, but your heart was timid. You couldn't help the inappropriate thoughts that came over you when you saw him, that was the lust from not having sex in so long. You knew Mac wouldn't go for that though, he seemed like a relationship type of guy not a friends with benefits type. You knew deep down that wasn't you either. You wanted to be with him but you were holding back.

Not evening thinking first, you found yourself driving to his place, then soon after you stood in front of his door. You stood there for a long amount of time before ringing the doorbell. Soon you saw him facing you, causing your body to tense up even more. "Can we talk?" Mac just nodded, as he stepped aside to give you room to walk past him.

"Look, you weren't wrong okay. Sure there's probably something here worth exploring but I can promise you that you'd be better off not going there." Mac slowly closed the door, before turning to you "And why is that? What makes you think I'd be better off?" You let out a frustrated sigh before walking off into his living room "You admitted earlier you read up on me. So you know I have history, I have too much baggage ok? You don't want to take on all of that, trust me."

"Where do you get off telling me whats best for me? Don't I get to decide that? Don't I get a say in what happens here? Are you going to seriously let what your ex did alter your whole life? Y/n I'm not him! Now why is it that you've tip toeing around this, around us, you don't think you deserve to be happy? Is that it?" Macs voice grew louder as he stepped closer. Now normally if someone did that your ptsd would kick in and you'd get flashes of when your ex would do that before hitting you across the face. Instead, this time you didn't flinch or coward away because you knew Mac would never ever hurt you. You knew in your heart that he would never hit you. That suddenly made everything crystal clear.

Taking a small step forward you now just mere inches from eachother, and you looked up into those baby blues and just smiled "Your right." Mac looked taken back at first, almost surprised that his little speech worked "So, will you admit it. I mean, your feelings?" You gave him a warm smile, as you reached for his hand with yours. "Yes, I do have feelings for you. I don't want to be scared anymore. I'm not, when I'm with you." Mac smiled at you in the most loving way, and you watched as he started to lean in. Soon you felt the warmth of his soft lips meeting yours, and you just melted into him.

Once you two pulled away, you felt him cup you face in both his hands and gazed into your eyes "You can trust me, I want you to know that. Even if this doesn't work out I'll always be there for you. I'm always going to be in your corner." You couldn't contain the smile that took over your face as you looked up at the man that made you believe there could be love again in your life "I know, and I'm in, I'm all in."