"Marry Me"

Song: "Marry Me" By: Train

.........

"Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do
Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me."

"Riley where are we?" You asked, the two of you have been driving for hours. It was getting close to being night and you were clueless. She wouldn't let you read a map or look up your GPS location but she had assured you she wasn't lost. Suddenly she turned down a dirt path that merged into a trail leading into a wooded area. "Are you trying to murder me? Cause ya know, Mac will figure it out and he'll come looking for me." You slightly teased.

"Girl you need to chill, we are almost there." Soon enough, you pulled up next to a familiar looking cabin and then it clicked, you knew where you were but why were you there?

*3 years earlier*

You reached up to grab the last bag, pulling off the bungee cords that were previously strapping the duffel to the roof of your Jeep. "Did you really have to bring so much luggage Riles?" Letting out a huff as you jumped down from the vehicle. "Hey it's not just luggage okay. My rigg is my baby, and she needs the proper equipment to run smoothly. Besides alot of that is also birthday presents for the birthday boy. I told everyone they could give me their presents for him and I'd make sure they didn't get lost."

You had agreed to let your friend Riles throw a party for one of her co-workers at your family's cabin. She had mentioned they usually do it at his place since he had a huge balcony overlooking the city skyline but her and her team wanted to have the element of surprise. Riles had said "We do all birthdays at his place so he'll know we are planning something. Plus doing it two days earlier will throw him off. We are gonna lure him here by telling him that there's a operative that has Intel on a missile attack that's taking place." She had told you what she had done for a living when the Phoenix needed to borrow your cabin as a safe house for another mission that didn't involve Rileys team. You had never even met this Macgyver fellow but today was the day that would all change. You had to admit you were curious to meet him for sure, you had heard so many stories about his unique abilities in the field and found yourself wanting to know more.

A few hours had passed, by then everyone had shown up and the birthday boy included. They had all jumped out and yelled surprise taken him completely off guard. As his friend Bozer, who you had met earlier when he came to help set up, came running over to him. "We got you man!" Macgyver laughed as gave his friend a hug before shoving him playfully to the side. His team told him that they were all staying there for the weekend, which consisted of five people. Macgyver, you, Riley, Desi and Bozer. Apparently there two bosses Russel and Matty were out of town for business and couldn't attend. There was more than enough room, in the three bedroom cabin. You told Riley she could share a bed with you, while Desi and Bozer played rock-paper-scissors to see who got stuck with the sofa bed. They had insisted that Mac got a bedroom since he was the birthday boy. When Desi won two out of three she did a little happy dance around Boze and mocked him endlessly. Boze being the sore loser he is just stomped off in a huff.

In the chaos of all the gift opening you snuck out to get some fresh air. You figured you'd give them all some time alone, after all you weren't exactly in their secret bubble. You were only connected to Riley, and even though you were sure they'd welcome you into their clique you were too much of an introvert for that.