Prisoners

The faint sound of your name being called out rang throughout your ears, as it began to slowly get loudly. Then you realized your eyes had been closed, as your eyelids slowly began to flutter open your vision was blurry. When your view wasn't quite as distorted you quickly saw Mac, he was hovering over you.

"Your awake, thank god." He went to hold your head up with the palm of his hand as you slowly tried to sit up.

You instantly flinched as you did so, feeling a throbbing pain in the back of  your head "How long was I out? What the hell happened?" You asked groggy, not remembering anything.

"We were on an op and things went south, we got captured y/n." Mac sighed in defeat.

As you looked around the darkened looking cell, all you could see were cement covered walls and that was it.

"When we got captured, they hit you in the back of the head when you mouthed off to one of the guards and then you blacked out. You had me so worried, I thought you wouldn't wake up. It's been forty five minutes."

"Does the rest of the team know?" You asked, slowly standing up with the help of Mac. Sine the two of you were the only ones that had been sent on this op.

"I don't think so, we lost contact with them right before we got taken. Inless Riley pin points our last known location and they work from there. Who knows how long it will be before they find us."

You groaned out, in frustration but mostly pain. As you touched the back of your head and winced, when you pulled your hand away you noticed blood on it. "Mac? Should I be worried?"

Mac frowned at the sight, and quickly tore off a piece of sleeve from the flannel he was wearing and began to tie it around your head. He pulled it tight before hand to slowly down the bleeding making your cry out when he put pressure on the wound.

"Sorry, don't worry we will get of here somehow." Mac tried to assure you but he wasn't all that convincing.

"How Mac? There is absolutely nothing in this room but a floor, ceiling and four walls. There's nothing in here for you to Macgyver our way out of here."

Mac yelled out "I know!" He then realized he was taking his frustration out on you when he snapped like that. "I'm sorry okay, look I trust the team they'll find us."

You were just about to yell back at him when you felt a instant pain in your stomach, and just as you were about to fall back to the ground Mac caught you.

"Y/n!" He yelled out in horror, gently laying you back on the ground, keeping your back propped up against the wall. "What's wrong?"

You were in too much pain to speak, and were having trouble breathing. All you could do was move you hand down to your stomach. Mac's eyes followed your hand, and he slowly began to lift your shirt up to get a look. "Damnit." He mumbled, seeing the skin that covered your stomach was now various shades of purple and blue "You have fractured ribs, y/n. I don't want to scare you but that can cause serious problems, like internal bleeding and trouble breathing. You took a nasty fall when we were running from the guards. You probably didn't feel any pain at first because of the adrenaline but now that it's worn off...."

You laughed humorously as you shook your head "Great." You said weakly "Mac....am I gonna die?" You said on the verge of tears.

Mac quickly shook his head as he held your hands in his "Hey, don't talk like that. I'm not going to let that happen alright. As long as it gets treated soon and we get you into surgery it'll be ok."

"Mac...we are someone's prisoner's in a concrete cell. Where am I suppose to get this...surgery?" You said as your voice grew weaker by the second.

Mac frowned, knowing you were right. He couldn't Macgyver his way out of this one. He couldn't help you, he had never felt so useless.

***

It had been three days, and you were only getting worse. Mac tried to plead with the guards to get medical attention but was told no. At this point there was so much swelling, and you had begun to cough up blood.

Mac had grown more anxious, as he watched your health deteriorate. He was using the other sleeve of his flannel to wipe the blood from the corner of your mouth. "We're gonna get out of here y/n. You can't die on me, you just joined the team. I, was just started to get to know you."

"Just in case something does go wrong, there's something I've been wanting to tell you, y/n I-."

He was cut off by the sound of gunshots echoing through the hallway and Mac instantly jumped up knowing it was the calvary.

Within seconds Jack was busting the door down and taking Mac in for a hug "thank God man, you had us worried for a second."

"Jack y/ns bad, we need to get her into surgery."

Your vision was slowly fading and the last thing you remembered was Mac picking you up and carrying you out of there before everything went black.

***

You let out a soft groan as you opened your eyes and was blinded by the bright fluorescent light from the ceiling. When you opened your eyes you saw the whole team there, except for Mac.

"Mac?!" You said in a panic, worried something had happened to him.

Matty patted your leg as she nodded "He's okay y/n he's just getting checked out by the doctors. You are both home and safe now. They took you into surgery for your ribs and head, your gonna be okay."

You sighed in relief as Riley, Bozer and Jack all went to each give you a hug.

Just then your eyes shifted over to the doorway and saw Mac. Everyone else's eyes then shifted to him as well, and they could all tell by the sudden shift in the atmosphere you two needed some time alone. So they all left to give you two some privacy.

"Hey, your awake." Mac smiled as pulled something out from behind his back, a stuff animal.

"I remembered you saying how zebras were your favorite animal and they had this in the gift shop." He said as he handed it to you.

"Aw Mac, you didn't have to do that but thank you. It's very cute." You laughed, holding onto the soft pushed animal.

You saw Mac standing there awkwardly, his eyes wandering all over various parts of your body. As if he was scanning everything to make sure you were ok, avoiding your eyes in the process.

"Mac I'm okay, really, I'm sore but I'll be okay. Please don't be upset."

"How can I not be, y/n. I almost lost you, I had to helplessly sit there and watch you almost die. I never would have forgiven myself if something had happened without me telling you I...." He then trailed off when he felt the tears burning in his eyes.

"Telling me what Mac?" You asked.

"Y/n, I have feelings for you, I have for awhile and I never said anything because I didn't want to jeopardize our work together but screw that. This mission was cutting it close, and i  care about you more than anything."

"Mac, I had no idea you felt this way. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't grown any feelings myself these last few months." You smiled bashfully as your cheeks turned red.

Mac walked over to you and smiled as he took your hand in his "Then what'd you say when your all better, I take you out on a date." He then gave your cheek a soft kiss.

"I'd like that alot." When he went to pull away from your cheek though you caught his lips with yours. Taking Mac by surprise and yet he slowly began to kiss back.

It's true what they say, you never know how you truly care about someone until they are almost taken from you. You were just glad you were able to stick around a little longer, to be able to go out on a date with Angus Macgyver.