Pink Roses

Hey guys I got a plot request from Kayla0596 so I thought I'd give it a go, hope you enjoy ❤❤

***

It was another gorgeous sunny day in LA, as you pulled into the driveway of  the home you shared with your husband Mac. Getting out of the car you went to grab your six month old out of her car seat in the back. As you unbuckled the seat belt you couldn't help but make funny faces at her as you picked her up. Your daughter, Hazel, just giggled at your silliness as you closed the car door.

You hadn't noticed until now, that Macs truck was in the driveway which meant he was home. This caused you to smile as you bounced your little one in your arms "Look baby, daddy's home! Let's go say hi!"

When the two of you entered the house, you instantly called out his name. "Mac?! Babe?!"

"In the nursery!" You heard a faint shout, so you made you way to the nursery to find Mac in an odd situation. Well odd for most people, Mac not so much. He was sitting Indian style on the floor, as he had that look on his face. The one where he's so concentrated on something he tunes out everything else. Surrounding him in a circle was pieces of your daughters crib.

"Mac? What happened to Hazels crib? What did I tell you about taking apart stuff and putting it back together?" You sighed, placing your daughter into her playpen.

Mac shook his head as he stood up to greet you with a kiss on the lips "I swear that's not what happened. Okay, so hear me out, I got home early from the mission right? You guys weren't home, I figured you were out running an errand or something. So I thought I'd surprise you by cleaning up the nursery. Ya know, do some laundry too? So I went to grab the sheets off of her mattress in the crib and the whole thing collapsed. Now what if she had been in there when that happened babe? I told you using your crib from you were a baby was a bad idea, I know how much it meant to you but baby it's old. Now will you please just let me build a crib like I wanted to from the start?"

You frowned, as you saw your crib in pieces "I had no idea that would happen. Your right, if she was in there she could've gotten hurt and it would've been my fault." You sighed as you went to pick up the pieces as you held back the tears.

Mac stopped you though, taking your hands in his "Hey, that's not what I meant. I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty, I'm sorry. Look I'll build the safest coolest crib there is. All the other babies will be soooo jealous." He teased, trying to cheer you up.

You smiled softly at him, you had the best husband ever. He was an even better dad to your baby girl. "Ok, you can build her a crib. I trust you." You kissed him softly on the lips before pulling away.

Mac smiled back at you "I love you." Before walking over to greet his baby girl, as he picked her up put of her playpen. He swung her high up into the air, causing a laugh to escape her little mouth "Who's daddy's best girl in the whole wide world?!" He grinned as he held her against his chest.

You stood there and watched in amazement at the sight in front of you. Mac was the definition of the perfect dad, and you sometimes couldn't believe you had gotten so lucky.

***

"Mac, what are you doing?" You giggled, as Mac had your eyes covered with his hands as he guided you while you walked.

"Well it's been a few days now, and I finally finished the crib but I wanna do a cool reveal so play along." He said in a playful tone.

"Well alright, but if I trip so help me God Mac I'll-" You suddenly were cut off, when Mac removed his hands and you were in too much shock to finish your sentence. "Mac, omg, it's beautiful." You smiled, as the tears began to escape your eyes.

Mac smiled proudly at your reaction "I uh, remembered how much you love white oak. I made sure it matched the room though. I know how hard you worked on decorating Hazels room. There is one final thing I wanna show you, you have to come closer to really see it." He took your hand and pulled you over to the crib.

"So remember those little pink roses on your old crib? The ones your grandfather had painted onto your crib when you were a baby? I mean, I'm sure you remember obviously but I know that's why that crib meant so much to you. Since your grandfather never got to meet Hazel, I know you wanted to have that special connection. Um well look at the head of the crib."

Your eyes wandered to that spot and you saw two pink roses intertwined together "Mac? How did you? I mean um...." You couldn't finish your words due to the tears pouring out of your eyes.

"Well I managed to save one of them off of one of the pieces that broke off the crib. I peeled it off the wood using, well I'm not going to bore you with the chemicals I used but it's safe. Hazel isn't going to be breathing in any toxic fumes or anything. But I transfered it from one wood to the other and sanded it on there. As you would say I Macgyvered it onto the new crib. I'm just sorry I couldn't save all of them, the way it broke most of the roses had broken in half and I-"

You stopped him from his babbling, by pulling him into your arms and giving him a passionate kiss. You felt him smile into the kiss as he mumbled against your lips "So I take it your like it?"

"I love it, and I love you. I still cannot believe I ever got so lucky to have you. Hazel and I are both so lucky." You smiled, as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

Mac smiled back as he shook his head "I'm the lucky one baby, you take such good care of her while I'm on these missions. I just feel like I could be doing more and sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing by staying at the Phoenix. I should be spending more time with you both. I guess this was me in a way trying to make up for all of it."

You frowned, as you quickly shook your head "Hey, I don't want to hear that. You are doing the right thing. Sure it's hard on us both when your gone, but don't forget why you do what you do. To help people, Hazel is going to grow up knowing her dad is an actual superhero who's superpowers are chemistry and physics, also building weird stuff out of foreign objects."

Mac laughed at your last comment before squeezing your sides in his hands "Thanks babe." Just as he started to lean in to give you a kiss a shrill cry came from Hazel who was sitting in her bouncy seat on the floor.

Hazel cried as she stuck out her arms "Da.....da." She babbled softly, and so quiet you both almost didn't hear her.

Mac's eyes widened, as he looked at you, your face just as shocked as yours "Omg! Did she just say Dada? Her first word?! Omg baby!" He ran over to pick her up as he spun her around, and she immediately stopped crying.

You stood there proud, as even more tears came out than before, now for a different reason "Looks like she's gonna be a daddy's girl."

Mac smiled at your comment before giving his baby a kiss on the cheek, and then pulling you into his arms. Wondering how he got to be so lucky as to have the two best girls in the world, and to have them in his life.