"You are the Reason."

Song: "You are the Reason." By: Calum Scott.

Hey guys! So I recently rewatched 2x10 of Macgyver. It's the one where Zoey dies to save everyone else on the ship and I sobbed all over again! So I thought I'd rewrite her ending and give her a happy ending. Instead of using y/n I'm still going to use her name like in the show. I still hope you enjoy ❤❤

P.s sorry it's been so long. This has been in my drafts for weeks but I've been going through a tough time and wasn't really in the mood to write. But I was determined to finish this!

***

"There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

And there goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now."

***
*1 week later*

Zoey made sure all of her kids were reunited with their families when they got back home. After an experience like that she wasn't stepping onto a ship anytime soon, and had definitely reconsidered her line of work. Maybe she'll start to study something on land instead, glaciers were highly overrated now.

Getting resettled back into her everyday life was slowly becoming normal again. However, she couldn't stop thinking about that handsome stranger that made sure she made it home alive. Since she didn't live too far from LA she decided one day to take a drive out to this think tank like he had offered for her to do. She wanted to thank him for everything he had done for her.

After she had checked in as a visitor with security she began to wander the halls looking for any sign of Mac. When she turned her next corner though she suddenly bumped into a smaller woman who she quickly apologized too "I'm so sorry I didn't see you." Then instantly regretted her choice of words since she was clearly a little person. (I genuinely don't know what they prefer to be called so don't come at me haha, I'm not trying to be insensitive)

Matty Webber just brushed past her comment and greeted her with a warm smile "Zoey is that you? From the ship last week right?"

Zoey let out a sigh of relief when she finally recognized her "Yes ma'am, thank you again for everything. You and your team saved my life and my kids."

Matty smiled "Well really that was a you and Mac, I barely did anything."

"Still, um speaking of Mac that's actually why I'm here. I wanted to thank him in person. Do you know where he is?"

Matty just gave you a quick nod and a smile "Follow me." As she began to lead the way to the war room.

Once you both entered, you saw the back of somebody leaning over fiddling with something as they sat on the table in the middle of the room.

"Mac there's someone here who wants to see you." Then you saw him turn around and instantly you saw his face light up.

"Zoey! Is that really you?!" Then he ran over to you, taking you into his arms for a gentle hug. Matty smiled at the two of you before leaving the room to give you both some privacy.

"It's so good to see you again, and under different circumstances." Zoey said as she finally pulled away.

Mac smiled at you as he nodded in agreement "I'll agree with that. I'm so glad to finally be meeting you in person. I, I've been thinking about you all week. I had hoped to see you again, to see how you've been."