Day 4 : Mistletoe

"Are you sure I look okay?" You asked Riley as the two of you walked up Mac's driveway. About to head into the Christmas party he was throwing for the team and even some fellow Phoenix agents that worked at the building that the team didn't interact with much since they weren't field agents like you guys.

You were nervously fiddling with the bottom hem of your simple red dress, while Riley wore a black one which was no surprise. Normally you never wore dresses, but you figured you should dress up a little. They may have been another reason you wanted to make sure you looked ok, better than ok really.

"Oh! for the last time yes! You look good, better than good you look hot." She said as we finally reached the front door before she turned to me with a smirk "I'm sure I won't be the only one that thinks so either." 

Your eyes widened in fear, does she know? How the hell does she know? "What are you talking about? I don't know what you mean." 

Riley rolled her eyes with an annoyed smile "Oh cut the shit girl. I know you are into Mac. It took you going through half your wardrobe before settling on that dress. You've also been acting strange around him lately, well maybe not strange but definitely different. Don't worry about it though, cause I am pretty sure Mac is into you as well."

You bit harshly on your bottom lip at the thought "Really? What makes you say that?"

Riley smirked at you as she crossed her arms over her chest "I've seen the way he looks at you when you enter and leave a room. He is constantly bringing you up in conversation when you aren't around. He hugs you for a few seconds longer than the rest of, should I keep going or do you get it yet?" 

You bashfully smiled, while shaking your head no. 

Riley just have a reassuring smile before opening the door to Mac's place as she let herself in and you followed close behind. Within seconds Mac was approaching you both "There you guys are!" He grinned, pulling Riley in for a brief hug before turning towards you. When he pulled you in you immediately hugged back and it definitely lingered. Your eyes shifted to Riley's who was smirking at you as she mouthed the words 'told you so' before turning to walk away.

When Mac finally pulled away he let his eyes rake up and down your body as he go a better look at you "You look beautiful y/n, I mean you always do but tonight, that dress." He trailed off his words before coming back up to your eyes.

"Thank you Mac." You replied with a shy smile.

Off in the corner of the party you were unaware that you had an audience.

Riley and Bozer watched your interaction with each other and Bozer was the first to say something "Ever since the party started Mac had been staring at that door waiting for her to show up.  You should have seen how fast he pounced up when you guys got here."

Riley laughed as she shook her head "I wish those two would just get together already." 

Bozer then looked at Riley with a smirk "Maybe they just might. I've planted a little something to help move things along." That's when he pointed a finger up at the ceiling leading to the hall for Riley to see.

"Nice Boze!" She laughed when she saw the mistletoe hanging from the top of the wall "So all we have to do is get the two lovebirds to get over there."

Bozer rolled his eyes "You act as if we need some elaborate plan to get them over there."

"Well what do you suggest we do than Boze? Just suddenly drag them both over there?" Riley said like it was a ridiculous plan but little did she know that's exactly what he had planned.

Bozer just smiled at her before turning to walk towards the two of them with Riley hot on his heels "Boze, we cannot do it like this!" She whispered yelled to him, trying not to draw too much attention in the crowd of people.

"The hell we can't" He replied back.

Just as you were getting ready to follow Mac into the kitchen to get a drink, you saw Bozer and Riley heading fast in your guys direction "Hey guys what's up."

You and Mac were both confused when Bozer took each one of both of your hands and began dragging you off somewhere, not saying a word. With Riley following behind apologizing but you didn't know why. When he had finally stopped he pointed up for you guys to look and that's when you both saw the mistletoe.

 "Me and Riley are tired of you both tiptoeing around this thing between you two. Y/n clearly likes Mac and Mac clearly likes Y/n so just kiss it out already!" Then he turned to Riley "Come on girl let's go dance and leave these two here to make-out." He said before walking off, and Riley reluctantly following giving you an apologetic look over her shoulder. 

There was an awkward silence when they walked of between the both of you. Just as you were about to walk off in shame, being beyond embarrassed Mac pulled you back by your arm. Before you could register what happened next Mac's lips were on yours.

God was he good at this.

You deepened the kiss as you wrapped your arms around his neck. When he pulled away all he do was smile at you "Were they right, do you like me back because I know for a fact I've got it bad on my end."

All you could do was give him a shy smile while nodding your head.

Mac's smile widened before taking your hand in his and heading off in the direction of his room. As soon as the two of you were inside, with the door closed, you were both kissing the other feverishly. The two of you blindly heading in the direction of his bed, before you both fell down in a fit of laughter.

Mac hovering over top of you as he continued to work at your lips until it got to a point you both needed to take a break to be able to breath. "I've wanted to do that for so long." Mac confessed, breathless as he leaned all his weight on one arm and brushing some hair out of your face with the other.

"Me too." You confessed with a smile.

Mac leaned in to give you a soft kiss against your lips "Will you go out on a date with me?" 

"I'd love too." You giggled in pure happiness before pulling him back down on top of you which caused him to laugh but quickly started to kiss you again.

The two of you spent the rest of the night cooped up in his room, devouring one another and forgetting all about the party full of people on the other side of that door. 

Thank god for whoever came up with the idea behind mistletoe.