"Should've Said It."

Song: "Should've Said It" By: Camilla Cabello
Hey guys! Sorry I've been awol but I started a new job and it's kicking my butt! 😅 I've just been so tired all the time! But I miss writing so here you go ❤❤❤

.........

"So you want me now? That's funny
'Cause you didn't give a - back then
Comin' back around, so sorry
'Cause there's no room in my bed
And I'm all good now
Someone else is gettin' all of me (Ah)
If you wanted me so desperately
You should've said it."

You stare out at the city in front of you through the window of your New York apartment and ponder your thoughts. The city lights shine bright through the piercing black of the night sky, focusing on a beautiful view always helped you think. When your mind was a jumble of useless thoughts this helped bring you back.

Looking down at the diamond on your ring finger you let out a soft sigh, wishing it had been someone else who put that ring there. Things weren't suppose to be like this, it was suppose to be him you'd spend the rest of your life with. Life has a funny way of giving you a boost of reality when your finally comfortable and content with how your life is going.

It's not that you didn't love your fiancé, Drew was an amazing and loving man, but he isn't Mac. You and Mac go way back, all the way from college at MIT, to now. You two kept in touch when he left to join the army, even both ended up living in LA.

The years went on and your friendship got even stronger, then turning into more than just a friendship. You fell in love with him, you thought he loved you too but he never spoke up. It's not like he didn't say anything in fear of rejection. You dropped dozens of signals that you wanted him, the flirting was obvious.

However, you eventually grew tired of waiting and that's when your friend set you up with Drew. He was a lawyer who had alot of the same interests as you. Before you knew it a year had gone by and he proposed, he had just gotten a job offer in New York. He had said to you that he wanted to take the job but he wanted you to come with him. Not just as a girlfriend but as his soon to be wife. So you accepted. Looking back now, you went straight to Mac's after to tell him the news, hoping he'd finally fess up and speak from his heart. If he would just tell you he loved you, you'd say no to Drew. You knew it sounded awful to put Drew through that but your heart wasn't fully committed to him. It belonged to Mac.

"I was crazy for you
All caught up and confused (Ah)
Love was broken for me
Now it's broken for you"
*Flashback*

You stood there, waiting anxiously for Mac to answer the door, your whole body shaking with nerves. When the door finally opened, there he stood, his hair a mess and a white tee covered in some kind of grimy muck. You couldn't help but laugh at the sight "Is there ever a time you aren't tinkering with something?"

Mac just busted out into a grin before stepping aside for you to come in "Uhh no actually, what're you doing here? I thought you had dinner with Drew tonight?"

You felt your face slightly fall as he mentioned the man that should be him and Mac was quick to notice your change in expression. "Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?" He watched as you took a seat on his couch.

"Um, no, I mean, yes but it's a good thing, I think. I'm, not exactly sure how to feel about it." You looked up at Mac and he took a seat on his coffee table so he could now face you. Your could tell by his face he was waiting for you to carry on. You couldn't find the right words, it seemed simple enough just to say "We're engaged." But it was proving to be harder than you imagined. So instead you just took your hand out of your coat pocket and showed Mac your ring finger.