The Green-Eyed Monster

"Riley, please stop bugging me about this." I said I didn't think it would be a good idea. I don't want you setting me up on a date." You frowned, while handing Bozer various tools as he made modifications to sparky.

"Why? Please don't tell me it's because of Mac either. Give me an actual legit reason." She said in a demanding tone.

You tried your best to act as if that wasn't in fact the reason "I don't know what your talking about."

"Y/n your not fooling anyone, the whole team knows about the cat and mouse thing between you both. For a year now you both have been constantly flirting with eachother, yet never once taking it to the next level. Bozer back me up here!" Riley said as she slapped Bozers arm.

"First off, ow!" He said glaring at Riley. "Second she's right, you guys act like a couple who aren't even a couple. He has never once asked you out on a date."

"Maybe you guys are right, I mean I can't wait around forever for the guy. I am a young vital woman, I have needs!" You yelled.

"That's it, I'm officially out." Bozer said as he shook his head while heading for the exit.

"I like Mac, I really do but everytime I think we're sharing a moment that'll bring us closer nothing changes. Maybe I should move on. Okay Riley go ahead and set it up."

Riley smiled sympathetically at you, knowing you were disappointed it wasn't Mac "This will be good for you, who know maybe Mac will see you going on a date with someone else and he'll finally man up." She gave you a hug before running off to call the guy friend of hers.

Just as she left Mac entered to lab, and you quickly tried to hide your disappointment.

"Hey have you seen Boze? He told me to meet him down here." Mac said confused.

"He was but he got tired of me and Rileys girl talk." You said as you tried to force a smile.

Mac took a seat next to you "Where's Riley off to?"

"She went to call a friend of hers, she's fixing me up on a date." You answered honestly.

Suddenly Macs head snapped back in your direction "A date? Wow that's, cool...." He said almost non convincing.

"That's not a problem is it? I mean, your not bothered by this are you?" You asked, almost hopeful he'd say yes and ask you to go out with him instead.

"No, of course not, why would I be? We're friends, and friends want the other to be happy. So that's what I want for you." Mac replied.

You frowned deeply as his response "Right of course. I mean hell why would you care right? It's not like I'm anything to you." You snapped back, suddenly getting very angry.

"Wait why are you getting mad?" Mac asked, confused at your sudden mood change.

You stood up and finally lost your cool "It's been a year Mac, if I have to spell it out for you than your not the genius everyone thinks you are." You yelled before storming out of there, leaving a bewildered Mac.

***

Later that evening, you were in your apartment getting ready for your date. You had just finished as you took a final look in the mirror. This was a dress you bought months ago, you were saving it for a special occasion. Like when Mac would finally ask you out but now you realized it was pointless.

As you were putting in your final earring you heard a knock on your door. So you anxiously ran over and answered it, but you were surprised by who was standing there. "Mac?"