Aircrafts and Thirty Year Olds

Hey guys! Here it is, the final part!

***

Many years had passed since the two individuals had spoken. The first year after y/n moved they talked everyday, until suddenly they didn't anymore. Life happens, people get busy, they grow apart. Even though they didn't keep in touch, every now and then the thought of the other wandered into their head. An instant memory hit them like a ton of bricks, whether it was something that reminded Mac of y/n or the other way around.

Here they are, thirty, now official adults. No longer those optimistic naive teenagers who thought they had all the time in the world together. However, life also has a funny way of bringing people back together from the past.

Currently, y/n was nervously and anxiously sitting on Macs front porch of his LA home, waiting for him to come home. She wasn't sure how she'd react to seeing him for the first time in years, but her body was shaking like a leaf. When she saw his truck pull up his driveway, she almost took off running. Here she was, almost midnight, at his house looking like a crazy person. She went to stand up, but it was as if her feet were glued to the ground, she couldn't move.

Mac began to make his way up the walkway leading to his front door. He was looking down at his keys, looking for the one for his house when he abruptly looked up and was instantly taken back. His face looked like he had seen a ghost. "Y/n?"

As she stood there, frozen still, and awkwardly gave a little wave and smile "Hi Angus."

Mac wasn't sure what came over him, but he found himself dropping his keys and pulling her into a warm embrace. As they stood there, holding onto one another, it felt like an eternity before either of them let go.

The two of them kneeled down and sat next to eachother on the small step of the porch where she had previously sat alone.

Mac was first to break the ice "How are you here right now? I mean, how did you find me? Ya know, since I don't live in mission city anymore. "

Y/n smiled softly ad she took his hand in hers and just held it "Well I uh, went to the Bozers. They told me you and your grandfather moved out here, and that you stayed in his house after he passed. So they gave me the address."

Mac smiled as he looked down at your guys hands intertwined together "Why now? After all these years. Don't get me wrong I love that I'm seeing you again but why so long?"

Y/n frowned as she let out a long mournful sigh "It's kinda a selfish reason why I'm here. I know we lost touch but, Angus, I know what it is you do. I know you don't really work at a think tank."

Macs eyes widened as he shook his head "How?"

"My dad is high up on the food chain in the army remember? He hears things, knows of all secret organizations. He was surprised when he heard your name pop up on the Phoenix Foundation roster. Then he told me, because he knew you and your team could help me and my family."

Mac frowned as he turned to fully face you "What's wrong? Are you ok? Are you in danger?" Instantly growing concerned.

Trying to hold back the tears you shook your head "My sister, she was murdered. Then her company tried to cover it up. My dad tried to use his pull but there's too much red tape. They said it was a car accident but my sister was the most cautious and safest driver I know. I believe she was ran off the road. Angus I need your help."

Mac frowned as he nodded "Of course, listen it's late. How about you sleep in the guest room for the night and first thing in the morning we will go down to the Phoenix and talk to my boss."

Y/n agreed as the two of them got her settled into the guest room. Mac took a mintue to hug her once more and sympathetically say "I'm so sorry about your sister, Clara was a sweet girl and I know how much you looked up to your big sis."