"Take Your Time"

Song: 'Take Your Time' By: Sam Hunt

.......

"I don't know if you were looking at me or not
You probably smile like that all the time
And I don't mean to bother you but
I couldn't just walk by
And not say hi."

*Macs pov*

Today's the day, your gonna do it. You're finally going to talk to that girl, you have to. Every Saturday, inless your on a mission, you've come to this diner for lunch. It was your dad's favorite place to eat, you guys would come here together. So when he passed away you wanted to keep something that you guys did together as a regular thing even without him.

A few weeks ago a new girl started, you knew the whole staff so you instantly recognized a new face. She was beautiful, and you wanted to get to know more about her. Sometimes she'd wait on you at your usual booth but other times she served people behind the counter. You knew her name since she had that white and pink nametag pinned to her stripped uniform. Yet, even knowing her name you hesitated to use it, you never talked much when she waited on you, your nerves were keeping you from being confident. Scolding yourself everytime she'd walk away. How can you be so confident when your in the field building gadgets that can keep you from being killed, yet you can't talk to a pretty girl.

As you opened the glass door you walked in and instantly saw her. There she was behind the counter, pouring coffee for a older gentleman. She was smiling and laughing at something he had said and it made you smile, hers was contagious. You decided that you'd sit at the counter today so you could finally talk to this girl. So you strided over and within seconds she saw you heading her way "Hey there." She smiled at you. You palms got clamy and you took a seat on the white upholstered stool. "Hey yourself." You smiled up at her. You weren't sure if you were imagining things or not but if you weren't mistaken you thought you saw a slight blush on her cheeks. That gave you a slight boost in your confidence.

"So would you like the usual?" She asked you, smiling as she place a coffee cup in front of you. As she began to pour the coffee you didn't know what came over you but you blurted out "How about a date instead?" You could tell she looked pretty stunned, not expecting you to say that. She quickly became flustered as she sat the coffee pot down "Wow um...I mean I don't really know you that well. Except your lunch special."

You chuckled at her statement "I know. I know you don't know me at all, I should probably tell you my name. Angus, Angus Macgyver, but call me Mac please. I've been trying to build up the courage to talk to you, to ask you out. We don't know anything about eachother but I would really like to get to know you more. I am not trying to overwhelm you by any means but I think your beautiful. I'd be willing to bet too that your as beautiful on the inside and you are on the outside. So I'd really like to get to figure out all of who you are. There's a chance your gonna say no but I'm willing to take that risk."

Before she could answer the older man from earlier that you were now sitting next to, began to speak. "Say yes little lady, I know you want to. You oogle him with your eyes everytime he's in here, so don't pretend you aren't interested." You smiled widely when he said that, but she was the opposite. "Bill?!" She yelled at him in a hushed tone, since there were people around. You thought it was cute how red her face got. All she could do was bashfully smile in your direction and whisper "Ok. I get off at 6, is that okay?" All you could do was bust into a even wider grin "Yes, I'll pick you up then." As you went to stand up to leave, you patted Bill on the back "Thanks Bill." Before giving y/n a small smirk and then darting out of there.

"And I know your name
Cuz everybody in here knows your name
And you're not looking for anything right now
So I don't wanna come on strong
But don't get me wrong
Your eyes are so intimidating
My heart is pounding but
It's just a conversation
No girl I'm not gunna waste it
You don't know me
I don't know you but I want to."

It was six on the dot and you were waiting for y/n outside in the parking lot. She had poked her head out before clocking out of her shift, to tell you she just had to get changed first. You didn't mind waiting, she was worth the wait for weeks and a few more minutes wouldn't hurt anything. It was around 6:15 when she came walking out and she still looked just as beautiful in a t-shirt and jeans. When she got closer she smiled at you shyly and then looked down at what she was wearing. "Sorry I'm not dressed fancier, I wasn't expecting a date when I got off, when I picked out my clothes to change into this morning."

"You look beautiful." You reassured her as you opened the passenger for her to get in "After you, I'll bring you back to your car tonight." Y/n nodded before stepping up into your truck.

"I don't wanna steal your freedom
I don't wanna change your mind
I don't have to make you love me
I just wanna take your time."

Throughout the night you both laughed and talked, enjoying the night together. You took her to this food truck that parked on the block near your house, they had the best tacos. You figured it was a safe choice since you didn't know what she liked to eat. I mean who doesn't like tacos. You learned so much about her and you provided her with information about you as well. Instantly feeling bad when she asked what you did for a living, since you couldn't tell her about the Phoenix, it was think tank as usual.

Dropping her off that night, you parked next to her car, putting your car in park before turning to her. It was quiet at first, all you could hear was the faint sound of the radio at a low volume in the background. "I had a great time tonight." She whispered, staring down at her hands, that were folded in her lap. You smiled at her, even though she wasn't looking at you. "Me too, would you like to do it again sometime?" Seeing a blush appear on her cheeks as she slowly nodded "I would yes." Finally looking up to make eye contact with you.

You were so tempted to kiss her, but you didn't want to push her or rush her. You knew it would be worth it to wait so instead of trying to kiss her, you just smiled at her "Goodnight, I'll call you and we'll set something up ok?" He was glad she gave him her number, now he had to try and not to be too eager with it. If he could do it, without looking clingy, he'd talk to her all the time.

She smiled over at you, "Goodnight." She grabbed the handle of the car door, to leave, but hesitated. She turned around, and quickly pecked you on the cheek before hopping out of your truck. Leaving you with a goofy grin on your face, then sending you home thinking of how you can't wait to take some more of her time.