Heartbreaker

Hey guys! This is a request from luolis15 for the song "Heartbreaker" by Loïc Nottet. I hope you enjoy.

***

Another mission, another successful one at that, as well as another night of celebrating returning home in one piece. Everyone was having their own private conversations amongst themselves as beer was in everyone's hands. Currently, Riley was going on and on about a program she had developed but you were distracted.

You bit your lip, as you looked behind you over your shoulder. There he was laughing at something Bozer had said and casually sipping his beer. Then suddenly his eyes caught your looking at him causing you to quickly turn back around. You ignored Rileys questions about your now reddened face as you tried to hide the butterflies in your stomach.

For months now, you had been feeling a certain type of way towards Mac. However, you kept trying to fight the urges you had, since you and men didn't have the best history. You had sworn off men completely after the last guy. He was the definition of a heartbreaker, and you were not letting that happen again.

You politely excused yourself from Riley as you made your way back inside to get another beer. You weren't trying to get drunk by any means but you wanted to feel numb. When you grabbed the beer from the fridge, you went to lift your head out of the fridge but was quickly startled. You jumped back when you saw Mac standing there, very close. "Jesus Mac, make some sort of noise next time."

Mac chuckled as he closed the fridge and apologized. "Hey, by the way good job today. That was some quick thinking with the jumper cables."

You smiled, as you shrugged "I guess you and your improvising have rubbed off on me a tad."

Mac smiled, as he slowly walked towards you "Is that all that's rubbed off on you?" He said in a quiet tone, now leaving no space between either of you.

You looked up into his eyes, not wanting to turn away "I don't know what you mean by that."

Mac scoffed as he shook his head "So your telling me that this-" taking a second to make a waving hand gesture between the two of you "is all in my head than?"

You harshly swallowed, this whole time you thought you were the only one that noticed the feelings you were developing for him. "Mac, I don't know what you mean." Trying to play it off.

Mac shook his head as he looked down at the ground "I think you do know what I mean y/n your just scared. Scared I'm going to break your heart like the jerks in the past you've dated. Y/n I'm nothing like them. I just-....I want you so badly it hurts" He looked back up and stared intensely into your eyes. "I don't want to force myself on you though so, I'll leave you alone. I just wanted you to know that your not the only one that feels something here."

Then just like that he was walking back outside leaving you feeling overwhelmed and to be honest a tad nauseous. He had feelings for you too. Strong ones at that, just like you. So then why can't you go to him. Are you so emotionally challenged that you can't let yourself be happy? You were sure that Mac could have any woman he wanted, and yet he wanted you. What's even worse is that you didn't understand why he'd want you? Of all the women on this planet why you?

***

Later that evening, you were pretty buzzed and knew better than to get in a car. So you started walking down Macs driveway ready to walk home. That is until you heard someone yelling your name. When you turned around you saw Mac running down the driveway towards you.