Hurt

Warning: this story will contain signs of physical abuse as well as sexual assault. Please please do not read this if you have experienced these in the past. This is a TRIGGER WARNING**

Take care of you, and don't read these if it will bring up past trauma. Love you all ❤❤

***

He loves you, that's what you told yourself. He would never hurt you, that's what you used to tell yourself. He didn't mean to, it's just gonna happen this one time.

Yet weeks later, and a dozen bruises later, after the first time things weren't changing. You showed up to work in long sleeves to hide the bruises on your arms, and turtlenecks to hide the handprint from the other day when he had his hand gripped around your throat. You sat down in the lab of where you worked, the Phoenix Foundation, as you tried to pull the sleeves down on your white lab coat. You had forgotten to wear a long sleeve today, and the bruises around your wrists, from him having you pinned down as he yelled in your face, were peaking out.

You tried your best to stay focused on your work but you were, for many reasons, distracted. You were so distracted you didn't here someone walk into the lab, until you felt a hand on your shoulder. Since you were understandably on edge these days, you about jumped out of your skin at the sudden touch and abruptly stood up from the stool. When you turned around you saw Mac standing there shocked at your reaction.

"Hey, I'm sorry y/n I didn't mean to scare you. Is everything alright, you seem tense." Mac frowned.

"Uh yeah no, I'm fine I just didn't hear you come in. What's up?" You said avoiding his piercing blue eyes.

You have had a crush on this man ever since you started at the Phoenix a year ago. However, you being in a relationship, for many reasons didn't tell him. If he knew what you had become, a pathetic pitiful woman who stays with a man that abuses her, he'd pity you.

"Uh I was looking for Bozer. Y/n are you sure your alright you-." But he stopped suddenly as his eyes got a glance at the bruises on your wrists. "Y/n what happened to your wrist?"

Your eyes widened as you pulled the sleeve down "It's nothing don't worry about it." But when you went to turn around, Mac took your lab coat by the collar and pulled it off of your body. You eyes scrunched up trying to keep the tears from coming out.

Macs eyes glanced over your arms, in a state of shock "Y/n, please talk to me. What is this? What happened to your arms? Did your boyfriend do this to you?"

"Mac please, it was just one time I'm a big girl I'll be alright. I just, make him a little angry sometimes." You said now on the verge of sobbing.

Mac quickly shook his head "Hell no, y/n this is not your fault. He's hurting you, this isn't right! Why are you still with him?!"

"I love him and he loves me!" You shouted back as the tears were finally falling down like a waterfall.

"If he loved you he wouldn't be hurting you! I thought it was weird you were wearing so many turtlenecks in July, take off the scarf y/n." He said in a soft tone.

You frowned as you peeled away the paisley scarf you had tied around your neck.

Mac slowly approached you, as he scanned the bruises on your neck and tried to hold in the anger that was brewing inside him "I'll kill him." He said through gritted teeth.