Jealous

You hated this, no actually hate was not a strong enough word, you despised this. Feeling the way you were feeling, it was nothing short of unbearable. Jealous? You? The two words had never been used in the same sentence before now. You were never the jealous type and yet these days the green monster inside was very present. It's all her fault, the new girl on the team, Desi was her name. It was bad enough she was effortlessly gorgeous, but on top of that her tattoos and combat skills made her a badass.  Sure you were no slouch yourself, while out in the field you had always been the hired gun while MacGyver did his thing but now there were two of you.  For every impressive stat on your resume, Desi had about the same but a notch or two higher on you. It's like those two kids in high school both striving to become valedictorian, when one got an A the other got a A+. It was infuriating to say the least.

What made it worse was about a week ago you fractured your shoulder out in the field, taking you out of commission at work. At least out of the field, leaving you in the war room to supervise future missions with assistance in whatever they needed. For the next six to eight weeks you had to wear this stupid sling, and complete physical therapy since the side you had injured was your firing arm. So now you were stuck on the sidelines while Desi ran off to god knows where with the man you were secretly in love with. That's right you were in love with Angus MacGyver. So as if it wasn't bad enough she made you feel lesser than out in the field you were also jealous of how fast and close she had gotten with MacGyver. Right before she showed up you thought you were seeing something come out of your sad attempt to flirt with Mac, until Desi started to effortlessly flirt with him causing all of his attention to shift to her.

So here you are now, standing in the corner of the war room practically glaring at Desi as her and Mac packed a bag for the mission they were about to head out to. Both of them smiling, and laughing while playfully bumping hips. Gag me. You thought to yourself, before pushing yourself off the wall you were leaning against. "If you guys are done goofing off we need to go over your exfil before you leave." Since Matty was away on business and you were the senior agent she had put you in charge of leading the mission.

Mac and Desi both looked up at you in surprise at your harsh tone. When they continued to stare at you and not speak you proceeded "Great." The word being said sarcastically. With you one good arm you raised your phone to show them a picture of a man "His name is Luther, he is a fighter pilot who I served with back in the day. I personally called him and arranged for him to pick you guys up and get out of Germany when you wrap up. He owed me a favor, he will be close by. Once you contact me I will let him know it's time, I wanted to show you his face so you'd know what he looked like. I sent coordinates to each of your phones on the pick up destination. Now the Phoenix jet is leaving in ten so I suggestion you get moving, be safe out there and check in with me over comms when you land." 

They both just nodded in agreement, both too scared to say anything else, before grabbing their bags and heading out. Trying to keep your composure, you took a seat on the table in the center of the room with your head hung low. You were just about to let a tear escape your eyes when suddenly you heard someone clear their throat. Looking up you saw Mac standing in front of you, his bag still hunched up on one shoulder.

"Mac, what are you doing here? I told you the plane is leaving in ten." Your voice sounding annoyed.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's been going on with you lately. Ever since Desi joined the team you have been short and distant, I wanna know why. I would also like to know why you are crying." Mac demanded, but with a soft tone.

Turns out that tear that you thought hadn't left your eye yet, had. You cannot tell him like this, not now, not before a mission "It's just my shoulder, it's bothering me, I just need to take some pain pills." Standing up , you walked away from Mac as you grabbed the bottle of pills from your purse trying to open it with one hand.

Mac saw you struggle and took the bottle from you "That's a load of bull, why are you really crying and don't avoid the first part of the question." 

Once Mac handed over the open bottle you got a couple of pills and tossed them back, without any water "Back off Mac and go get on that plane. That's an order."

Mac stood there, and scoffed "Your ordering me to get on the plane?"

"Yes I am! I am the senior officer and I am telling you to go get on the damn plane!" You glared at the beautiful man, you wanted more than anything in this world.

Mac just looked at you with sadness in his eyes, yet anger all over his face "I thought you trusted me enough to tell me when something is bothering you. Guess I was wrong." Then just like that he was turning around to leave the war room to make his flight.

"I love you." You whispered to an empty room with just you, before breaking down into tears.

Authors Note: So I was not planning on this being more than one part when I already have another chapter that still needs a part 2 butttttt the longer this got and the more I typed I realized we have to have another part lol.