"Close"

Song: "Close" By: Nick Jonas ft. Tove Lo
Here is part 2 for "Should've Said It."
I was having trouble finding a song that matched what I was going for so be easy on me if it doesn't fit 100 percent lol.

........

"Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn
I'm so perplexed
With just one breath, I'm locked in
Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn
I'm so perplexed
On that, it's almost shocking
I know, I know you know you're scared
Your heart, your mind, your soul, your body
They won't, they won't, they won't be careful
But I guess that you don't know me."

*Mac's Pov*

It was the day of the wedding and to say you were anxious to see y/n would be an understatement. You hated yourself for how you talked to her that day, it's been a few months now and you knew she was Rileys maid of honor. You weren't sure how you were going to face her. That day was one of the biggest regrets of your life, she poured her heart out to you and you kissed her and then told you to essentially fuck off.

You weren't this type of guy, you knew you weren't but she was engaged. You know she had said she'd leave him for you but the thought of breaking up someone else's relationship made you nauseous. Then there's the factor that you didn't deserve the second chance she had offered you. If you hadn't been a coward in the first place all those years she wouldn't be with Drew. You missed your chance, your many chances you had to be with her, why take her away from a man you had the balls to say how he felt from the start.

You were nervously drowned your sorrows at the open bar, before the ceremony started when Jack was suddenly at your side.

"Mac, you've gotta talk to her. You know that right?" You had told him about what happened, and he was just as mad at you for what you did to her as you were.

When you didn't say anything Jack took a deep sigh before speaking "Man, don't let this be your Sarah."

That's when he grabbed your attention and looked over at the middle aged man before you. Sarah was Jack's 'the one that got away'. For years he knew he loved her, she knew it too, but he never said anything until it was too late. She was getting married and he had to watch her marry a man that wasn't him.

"Look man, I don't want you to have to go through what I did. She gave you an out, your her out, she'd rather be with you."

"I'm not so sure about that anymore, I'm pretty sure I blew that chance already."

"Only one way to find out." With that final piece of advice Jack had walked away.

.......

"Cause if I want you, and I want you, babe
Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space
Cause space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...

Close, ooh
Oh, so close, ooh
I want you close, ooh
Cause space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh
Oh, so close, ooh
I want you close, ooh
Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no."

You sat there during the ceremony, as you saw her for the first time in her lavender dress and she looked breathtaking. You saw her gaze shift to you for just a brief moment before her gaze then focused back on the path in front of her.