Shooting Star

Hey guys! Here's part 2 of Just Neighbors, enjoy ❤

***

It was finally here, Friday night, a quarter to 7. You anxiously looked over your outfit in the mirror, as you nervously fiddled with the hem of your dress. Mac would be here soon, and you couldn't remember the last time you had been this anxious.

You were finishing the straps of your heels when you heard the doorbell, then the sound of Buster barking at the door. You eagerly shot up from your bed and quickly ran over to the door. Taking a second to compose yourself, before you gently opened the door.

Mac stood on the other side smiling from ear to ear as he held a bouquet of various flowers in his hand. "Wow, you look.....wow." He stammered.

You proudly smiled and thanked him, before stepping off to the side to let him in. "Are those for me?" You asked while shutting the door.

Mac grinned before handing them to you "Yes actually they are. I didn't know your favorite flower so I just got a little of everything."

"Thank you." You smiled, giving him a kiss on the cheek before you went to put them in a vase with some water. You couldn't help but smile even more when he happily said hello to your dog, giving him all the pets and loving.

"So, where are we going?" You asked, walking over to him, grabbing your purse from the coffee table in the process.

"Well I was thinking of Italian? I know this great place down the street. That is if your okay with it?"

"Please, who doesn't love pasta!" You giggled, causing Mac to laugh along with you.

***

"Seriously? Getting a B in chemistry over a girl? And a B? That's bad?" You raised an eyebrow, while slightly teasing him.

"Well luckily for me you don't realize just how big of a nerd I am. Believe me, anything less than a A in chemistry is beyond insanity." Mac laughed.

"For the record ya know, your a pretty cute nerd." You smiled sweetly at him, trying your best to flirt.

Mac smiled at you, before reaching for your hand across the table, taking it in his "For the record, your a beautiful woman." He lifted your hand, lightly pressing his lips against it with a sweet kiss.

Trying to hide the blush, but failing, you twirled some pasta onto your fork  before taking a bite. Then Mac was suddenly laughing, causing you to frown "What?"

Mac smirked "Uh you got some sauce, uh..." He slid to the other side of the booth, before taking your napkin and gently wiping the sauce from the corner of your mouth.

The two of you were sitting very close now, and keeping very strong eye contact. "Thanks." You whispered.

You watched as Mac slowly started to lean in, but just then the waiter came up "Check?" You groaned at the interruption, while Mac politely just said yes.

"I have a surprise for you, after this." Mac smiled, before giving you a soft kiss on the lips.

"Really? What?" You grinned with curiosity.

"You're just going to have to wait and be patient." He whispered softly in your ear, in a tone of voice that made your heart tingle.

"Well I can't wait." You smiled at him.

***

After dinner, Mac and driven you both back to his place, then took your hand and led you out onto his back patio. You saw a picnic blanket sprawled out on the deck and a telescope propped up on display.

"Mac, what are you up to." You smiled at him, before he sat you both down on the blanket.

"I uh, I built it, I thought we could look at the stars together?" He smiled bashfully.

Your eyes widened in wonder "You built a telescope? I...um, wow."

"It was nothing really, the longer you know me the more use to you'll be with me making stuff. Hence the nerd part again." Mac saw you shiver slightly, so he quickly took off his leather jacket and draped it over your shoulders.

"Thank you. Well nerd or not, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. How did you know I would like this? I mean what if you building a whole telescope just for me didn't work out the way you thought it would." You smirked, teasing him slightly.

Mac awkwardly cleared his throat before he started to speak "Actually, uh you see, well.....okay so story time? When you first moved to the neighborhood I was actually out for a jog that day. I was just running and listening to my music, when I saw a woman standing on her front lawn, yelling at a moving man. So me being nosy, took out my ear bud. She was screaming at him for dropping her telescope, breaking it in the process. Then proceeded to lecture him about how expensive they are, and how the hell else was she suppose to see the rare shooting star that was happening that night, the one she had been looking forward to for months. Then called him a doo doo head before running back inside. It was that moment that maybe there was someone nerdy like me living near by, at least a nerd in there own special way."

You couldn't believe it, you had no idea he had witnessed that, that was months ago and he remembered? "Mac, I....I can't believe you would remember something from months ago..."

"Well something told me it was worth remembering, and that woman was worth remembering because she'd turn out to be something special, and I was right." He smiled, gently stroking your cheek with his knuckle.

"I...I have no words." Not knowing what came over you, you grabbed him by his collar, and pulled him close to you. Pressing your lips firmly against his, kissing him with all of the passion you had in you.

Mac eventually, laid you on your back as he hovered over top of you, you were both really getting into it, when he suddenly pulled away. "I've just gotta ask....doo doo head?" He laughed.

"Hey! I call people weird names when I'm flustered ok! Besides he deserved it, I had that telescope since I was in middle school, I saved up my allowance for months to get it." You pouted at the memory.

Mac frowned playfully, as he kissed your cheek "Well now you can look at all the shooting stars you want. I built it for you, to take home. It's yours y/n, I want you to have it." He smiled sweetly.

"Mac seriously? I couldn't possibly, I mean it must've taken you hours...." You stuttered out.

"Your worth it." He whispered softly against your lips. Then you couldn't help yourself again from kissing him with urgency yet again.

The two of you spent the evening looking up at the stars through your new telescope, taking very many kissing breaks, and eventually falling asleep in eachothers arms out on that terrace. You weren't sure what the future would hold for you two but the stars you definitely aligned for you two to be where you are at this very moment.